Electronics for Staged Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, remote arming was never prohibited. For a while we required a mechanical disconnect until the rocket was on the range, whether remote arming was used or not.
We no longer require a mechanical disconnect, but devices that control ejection charges or staging must be inhibited (powered down) until the rocket is on the pad.
I'm sorry Steve, but now I'm confused. In the thread comment I posted earlier from 2018 you stated I could have been asked to leave a launch if I approached the RSO table with the a Tele* device powered up but in idle mode. I take it that's due to the fact that the device wasn't on the pad. So to clarify, I could power up a Tele* device horizontally but only if I'm at the pad?

I'm sorry Steve, but now I'm confused. In the thread comment I posted earlier from 2018 you stated I could have been asked to leave a launch if I approached the RSO table with the a Tele* device powered up but in idle mode. I take it that's due to the fact that the device wasn't on the pad. So to clarify, I could power up a Tele* device horizontally but only if I'm at the pad?
Correct. Altimeters controlling ejection charges or motor ignition, staging electronics, etc. may not be powered until at the pad. And it would have to be pointed in a safe direction, away from spectators or other people, when powered up.

Correct. Altimeters controlling ejection charges or motor ignition, staging electronics, etc. may not be powered until at the pad. And it would have to be pointed in a safe direction, away from spectators or other people, when powered up.
Thanks for the prompt reply and clarification Steve, I appreciate it.

Back