Elections

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score
I won't tell you who to vote for, but I will leave you with this.

Vote Early - Vote Often.

Cthulhu/Yog-Sothoth 2012!
Why choose the LESSER of two evils?

I'd like to ask people in Pennsylvania's district 16 to stay home - don't want anyone canceling my vote!:bangbang:

JUST KIDDING!

I would agree but only vote if you vote for the party / candidates I support.

Well, I got out and did the dirty deed.....
If Trudy can make it to the polls by 1930 hours, her vote will cancel mine.
:roll:

Last edited:
M&M/Mars gave out TWIX bars this year - and tiny ones at that! They know I like SNICKERS!:mad:

My polling place was quite full. I was voter 287.

I voted to legalize wacky weed in Cali.

With all the out-of-staters coming into buy some stash, they'll improve the state's economy. :D

I voted to legalize wacky weed in Cali.

With all the out-of-staters coming into buy some stash, they'll improve the state's economy. :D

unfortunately didn't pass. i just wanna end the drug war :(

i voted, but like marlin i only voted once :p

My favorite george carlin quote is about voting: "People say that if you don't vote, then you have no right to complain, but isn't it the other way around? If you elect someone, and they mess up, isn't it partially you're fault that they're there? I didn't help them get there." tee hee :D

no matter your affiliation, i think we can all agree that commercials will be much less annoying now :D

unfortunately didn't pass. i just wanna end the drug war :(

I agree. Not a bad showing for a first time on the ballot though. 54%-46%. Better than Quebec sovereignty has ever done. It will be on the ballot now every year until it passes. You can be sure of that.

The weed should be legalized. Anyone remember Prohibition? Didn't work out too well for those who would attempt to legislate morality. We've seen that tack fail time and again and yet we seem to continue not to learn from it. I am not a user or advocate of pot, but as any high school kid will tell you it is easier to get than alcohol, and most likely not as harmful in terms of the death, misery, and tragedy caused by its use.

Glenn

Unfortunately, there is lots of money being made by keeping grass illegal. If you look at the organized opposition to Prop 19, you will see the various industries that owe some or all of their income to the War On (some) Drugs.

Pharmaceuticals, Beer/Wine/Liquor producers, private corrections companies, companies who build new prisons, lawyers, prosecutors, and judges who make a living litigating drug cases, companies who arm and equip police forces, politicians who use the drug war as a convenient means to whip the public into a frenzy, and the illegal growers themselves, who don't want to see a $500 ounce selling for less than $100 including taxes. And then there is the wood pulp paper and petrochemical industry, which is largely responsible for the illegal status of the cannabis plant in the first place.

46% is pretty good, though, and I hope they keep up the effort. Maybe in 2012, with a presidential race being decided, they can get out more of the youth vote that they need to push this through.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is lots of money being made by keeping grass illegal. If you look at the organized opposition to Prop 19, you will see the various industries that owe some or all of their income to the War On (some) Drugs.

Don't underestimate the importance of the population involved in the production, distribution, and sale marijuana. I'm quite certain they voted as a block against Prop. 19.

Don't underestimate the importance of the population involved in the production, distribution, and sale marijuana. I'm quite certain they voted as a block against Prop. 19.

Thought I covered them here:

...and the illegal growers themselves, who don't want to see a $500 ounce selling for less than $100 including taxes.

If it was legal here in Connecticut, I would grow some right in my back yard.

I remember when I was young, many years ago, I worked at a hand car wash with a vacant lot out back. We just threw some seeds out there, and they all grew quite tall.

Yeah, I don't do that anymore. But if it was legal, let's just say I wouldn't be taking a major narcotic for my back pain anymore, at 200 bucks every 2 weeks.

what i find really sad is that the 18-30 year old, or whatever the age range from 18-35 maybe? the % that vote is only like 6% nationally, and it was closer to 12% during the pre polling for california, shows what my generations priorities are :p:bangbang::bangbang::bangpan::bangpan::pop::pop:

Hope everyone DID vote. I have personally witnessed TWO elections that were won (or lost, depending... :D ) by a single vote.

The most dreadful (as I supported the guy) was an election he lost by one vote only to discover that the 8 or so "poll volunteers" he had holding his signs all day long forgot to go vote....

man...

Hope everyone DID vote. I have personally witnessed TWO elections that were won (or lost, depending... :D ) by a single vote.

The most dreadful (as I supported the guy) was an election he lost by one vote only to discover that the 8 or so "poll volunteers" he had holding his signs all day long forgot to go vote....

man...
Oooo, the irony...

Pennsylvania has a new Governor - I was hoping for a change from Rendell, but sadly the new guy can't pronounce the "L" in Pennsylvania either:mad:

man...

that's kinda epic fail, but at the same time hilarious :):eyepop:

The amazing thing about California is that less than 15 percent of the landmass is Democrat. On the other hand, that 15 percent of the landmass contains most of the state's population. That would be the North and Central Coast areas and Los Angeles County so basically, the San Francisco Bay Area and LA.

Weird.

The amazing thing about California is that less than 15 percent of the landmass is Democrat. On the other hand, that 15 percent of the landmass contains most of the state's population. That would be the North and Central Coast areas and Los Angeles County so basically, the San Francisco Bay Area and LA.

Weird.

haha yup. after the election i was interested in what district i was in, so i checked wikipedia, and the north eastern most district is massive, streching like 2/3 of california's eastern border, but it contains people living in mammoth and a couple towns around mammoth :p

Los angeles has like 10-20 districts to itself with it's 8 million? or so inhabitants in greater LA country. Gotta love LA!!!

If it was legal here in Connecticut, I would grow some right in my back yard.

I remember when I was young, many years ago, I worked at a hand car wash with a vacant lot out back. We just threw some seeds out there, and they all grew quite tall.

Yeah, I don't do that anymore. But if it was legal, let's just say I wouldn't be taking a major narcotic for my back pain anymore, at 200 bucks every 2 weeks.

A Connecticut native, huh? Do we have a governor yet?

Weird.

Try living in Illinois. Chicago pretty much gets to elect our next inmate, and the entire rest of the state doesn't matter.

Back