Eggtimer frequency issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxx Headroom

Reaction score
I've built the Eggtimer MIniTx and LCD Rx. I cannot seem to change and save the frequency on the LCD unit. It's a 70cm version, rev 2.03G firmware. Both units test OK and with default 433 0 they get a fix. I can change the frequency of the MiniTx and sets to whatever I choose, but on repowering the LCD, it is back to 433 0 Other settings all save as expected. What am I doing wrong? Or does the LCD always default back to 433 0 and have to be manually changed to match the MiniTx?

Do you get the "OK Reset to Start" prompt after programming? If not, then it's not getting the verification from the RF module, so it's probably not "taking". The memory update for the frequency gets written after it sends the command to change the frequency to the RF module, and after confirmation from the RF module that it processed the frequency update... the "OK" on the display happens after everything has completed. Check the solder joints on the RF module. When it's being programmed, you should see both the red and green lights on the RF module until you power the LCD receiver off... if you do not, then there's an issue somewhere.

Do you get the "OK Reset to Start" prompt after programming? If not, then it's not getting the verification from the RF module, so it's probably not "taking". The memory update for the frequency gets written after it sends the command to change the frequency to the RF module, and after confirmation from the RF module that it processed the frequency update... the "OK" on the display happens after everything has completed. Check the solder joints on the RF module. When it's being programmed, you should see both the red and green lights on the RF module until you power the LCD receiver off... if you do not, then there's an issue somewhere.
And that's a fix. I was very conscious of not using too much solder, one of the connections obviously didn't have quite enough.

Latest posts

Back