Eggfinder LCD Receiver not Connecting to Eggtimer Quasar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to solve the issue by flashing the firmware from Aus/Nz to the American one at the very last minute

Managed to solve the issue by flashing the firmware from Aus/Nz to the American one at the very last minute
That’s good that you’ve solved it. However, I believe Singapore is in Region 3 when it comes to frequency allocation, the same as Aus and NZ. From the frequency allocation tables for Singapore, the ISM band appears to be 920-925 MHz. If that’s the case, then be careful which frequency you choose to operate at. I believe that the US ISM band is 902-928 MHz.

You better check with the local authorities.

Other forum members with a better understanding of this will hopefully assist with this. In fact, Cris will probably know the answer to this.

That's why we shipped him the AUS/NZ firmware, however it's identical to the NA firmware except that the frequency selection is restricted to 919 MHz and above. I reminded him that he needs to pick a "high" frequency/ID. I think ultimately he just got a bad flash on the as-shipped firmware... although the flashing program does a readback check when we flash the processors, it can still happen. I see it maybe once or twice a year.

Just had a similar problem - my Quasar wouldn't connect to the LCD receiver and I had no idea why. I came to TRF, found this page (that clued me in that no lit LEDs on the Hope RF meant a solder problem), resoldered 3 joints, and now everything works. Two key takeways:

TRF is fantastic.
As the fine manual says, if your Eggtimer doen't work as you expect then check the solder joints. :)

Back