EasyMini Idle Mode and AltOS with Windows 10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frognbuff2.0

Aggressor Aerospace affiliate
Reaction score
Hello all,

This has probably been posted, and answered, before - and I may have glanced at some similar threads here, on the Altus Metrum website, and Microsoft support site already - but I've had some issues concerning the Altus Metrum EasyMini. I am re-attempting to figure out dual deployment after my first attempt resulted in the loss of the rocket I got my L1 cert with and a $120 Entacore AIM altimeter (that was still chirping in the crater where my LOC Deployer laid in shambles and where a rattlesnake was waiting to greet me nearby). The EasyMini turns on and always goes into "pad" mode, and not "idle" mode so I can reconfigure it for the high altitude launch site where I launch and of course fine tuning it to my rocket and the motor I intend to use. As I understand it, AltOS was designed to work with MacOS and Windows 7 and post-Windows 8 machines have issues recognizing the device. The other thing I saw was that it could simply be the micro-USB cable - I've tried the only two micro-USBs I have lying around and still nothing happened.

Has anyone else had these issues and figured out how to get the right drivers for a Windows 10 computer and/or AltOS to recognize the EasyMini is plugged in and get it to go to idle mode, or have any other solutions?

Are you connecting the EasyMini via the USB cable to the computer BEFORE you power up the EasyMini to get it into idle mode?

If that’s not the problem, then maybe try another USB lead.

Last edited:
Are you connecting the EasyMini via the USB cable to the computer BEFORE you power up the EasyMini to get it into idle mode?

If that’s not the problem, then maybe try another USB lead.
Yes, I am. I read a review saying to do that on Apogee's website - and when it didn't work that way I tried the reverse, no luck. Guess I may need to invest in a new micro-USB.

So as you and one of the other threads I read said, Voyager1, it was indeed just the cable I was using. Guess the 3rd micro-USB was the charm. I was able to reconfigure it and test fire both the apogee and main igniters.

Now for my next issue - I can't monitor it in Idle mode because it says it doesn't recognize the device type 'Easymini3.0' (or something along those lines).

Back