How to get Altus Easy Mini into Idle mode? (SOLVED)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artgsc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t get my Altus Easy Mini to go from Pad Mode to Idle Mode so I can get my PC to recognize it. I have followed the instructions closely but to no avail. Don’t know what I am doing wrong…. Anyone else have this problem and maybe can offer a solution? Thanks!

IMG_5457.jpg

Last edited:
Just to confirm your procedure:
  1. Connect usb cable from EasyMini to computer
  2. Power up EasyMini
  3. Open AltOS
If that doesn’t work, try another usb lead and repeat above.

Thank you! Problem has been solved. I scrounged up 10 different USB cables and tested them all. Out of the 10 three DID work with the Easy Mini so I'm good to go. Also, of note I bought my Easy Mini from Chris' Rocket Supplies. At that time (even though I knew I already had some on hand around here someplace) I purchased from Chris the USB he has listed on his website (just in case) and that was one of the cables that did work. If I had used that cable in the first place I would have avoided this issue....lesson learned!

A lot of the USB mini/micro cables do not pass data, only power. Anything that powers itself from USB and doesn't use data is almost 100% guaranteed to come with a cable that is power-only. I have a couple of USB micro cables that I labeled specifically for use with USB data devices...

Latest posts

Back