Altus Metrum EasyMini Not Registering

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg08

Reaction score
Hey, I need help with my Altus Metrum EasyMini Altimeter. As stated in the title, my EasyMini isn't able to be connected to in my device manager. It is in idle mode, with a power switch, e-match, and battery connected. When I try to configure the altimeter, it doesn't show up on the selector. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey, I need help with my Altus Metrum EasyMini Altimeter. As stated in the title, my EasyMini isn't able to be connected to in my device manager. It is in idle mode, with a power switch, e-match, and battery connected. When I try to configure the altimeter, it doesn't show up on the selector. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I went through 5 usb cables before I found one that worked with my Easy Mini. If you have other cables to try I’d suggest that.

Some USB cables that come with USB powered devices are charge only, they don't have the data wires connected. If you have bags of cables laying around, it's a good idea to label them. I use a D for data and C for the charge/power only cables.

Some USB cables that come with USB powered devices are charge only, they don't have the data wires connected. If you have bags of cables laying around, it's a good idea to label them. I use a D for data and C for the charge/power only cables.
A quality USB cable is with the price you pay. Too many of the cheaper ones are not data capable.

MOST USB-mini cables are power-only, especially if they came with something that just needs it for charging. I ran into this with an ESP8266 programmer that I bought... I had to go through a whole bunch of them, and yes, I labeled the "good" one.

As I remember, you need to plug in the USB cable before powering the easymini. That way you can connect it to a PC.

MOST USB-mini cables are power-only, especially if they came with something that just needs it for charging. I ran into this with an ESP8266 programmer that I bought... I had to go through a whole bunch of them, and yes, I labeled the "good" one.
Yep, thankfully I had a cable from a Raspberry Pi that worked.

What orientation do you have the Easy Mini in when you try to connect?

The easy timers need to be horizontal to talk. Mine usually have to be removed from the e-bay because of room, and I always deal with them with a computer while laid flat. I'm not certain if the horizontal orientation is mandatory for the easy mini.

Ditto on everyone else's comments for the USB. The one I use is a charge/data cord from a Motorola cell phone.

What orientation do you have the Easy Mini in when you try to connect?

The easy timers need to be horizontal to talk. Mine usually have to be removed from the e-bay because of room, and I always deal with them with a computer while laid flat. I'm not certain if the horizontal orientation is mandatory for the easy mini.

Ditto on everyone else's comments for the USB. The one I use is a charge/data cord from a Motorola cell phone.
The Easy Mini doesn’t have accelerometers, so orientation is not important.

Back