EARS November - third time lucky :-)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjarvis

Reaction score
I'll ask this fast before the title alone gets this thread locked...

Mike, two threads ago I asked if the EARS site was correct and that there actually was (weather pending) a December EARS meet on the 4th of December?

Could you just confirm that one?

Cheers!

Ben

Originally posted by Damian
Ben,

You may have more luck if you post directly to EARS.

[email protected]

Their website also gives details of launch dates too.

https://www.ears.org.uk/launches/dates.shtml

There you will find what ye seek.

;)

Happy landings,

D

My original post said:

"It says on the EARS website that there's a launch meet on December 4th, is that correct and, weather pending, is there any other reason it might be cancelled?"

I'll mail Mike directly.

Ben

Mike and the other EARS TRF regulars were all at conference all weekend. I expect you wouldn't have received a reply until tonight anyway.

Originally posted by benjarvis
My original post said:

"It says on the EARS website that there's a launch meet on December 4th, is that correct and, weather pending, is there any other reason it might be cancelled?"

I'll mail Mike directly.

Ben

Ben,

We launch, as we always have, 1st Sunday of the month March to December as is stated on the EARS website. There is a launch on the 4th. It will be followed by the EARS AGM. As an EARS member I think you should have recieved some notifcation of this via email. If you have not could you please confirm your email address so I can update our records? There is no reason I am currently aware of which would cause the launch to be cancelled. Even when the weather is bad we will be at the site as was the case for the November event. The only launches which do have a risk of cancellation are identified as such in the event calendar and are the July, August and September events where the dry crops present a fire risk.

Announcements of such cancellations are always made in as timely manner as possible via the EARS website and, when possible, posts to uk.tech.rocketry and here. I usually confirm that the event is going ahead about a week before and again post as above. I cannot state catagorically that an event is going to go ahead any earlier as I have to get confirmation from our host before I can make such an announcement.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to visitors to the EARS website as it is experiencing a few minor hicups at the moment. Our hosting company decided to move the whole site to a new server which broke some areas. They are working to fix what they broke.

I apologise for the delay in responding unfortunately other events prevented my replying any earlier. I was away at the UKSEDS conference this weekend with the UKRA stand and have only just got back here to find out what is going on.

While I do try to read TRF regularly I do not always manage to do so. I also apologise for being a little distracted by other replies in the earlier versions of this thread.

Finally if you need to get in touch please do email EARS direct via the " [email protected] " or the " [email protected] " addresses as found on the web site. They should ensure a more timely response.

Cheers Mike 8-{>
[email protected]

Back