Dragon Rocketry 4" Exocet MM38 Unboxing & (Eventual) Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem if that zip tie fails you just lost that electronic as it will beat it like a hammer.

Also here is what my charge sizes are for a rocket the same size. I use 1.5 grams for drogue and 2 grams for main with 2 #2 shear pins.
Good point! I'll move it and thanks for that charge info...that's about what I was going to use next.

Ready... Aim...

View attachment 20230415_115855.mp4

Using 2.0g for the main had good separation, but I'm thinking of upping to 2.2g (and 2.5g backup). @DragonRocketry What do you think?

BTW - I'm using a deployment bag for the first time and I'm loving the concept! The set is from Dragon Rocketry and I'm using harnesses from @Onebadhawk ...GREAT stuff! :wos_love:

Way, way cool. I've always loved the look of the Exocet. I attempted to do a scratch build but could never get it stable. Ended up cutting off the aft fin set and body tube and kludging together something that would fly vertically instead of horizontally!! Great work on yours KenE!! :bravo:

Way, way cool. I've always loved the look of the Exocet. I attempted to do a scratch build but could never get it stable. Ended up cutting off the aft fin set and body tube and kludging together something that would fly vertically instead of horizontally!! Great work on yours KenE!! :bravo:
Thanks Old School Doug! :)

Back