Drago EX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That there be a sexy rocket Tim................are you SURE you dont want to bring it to AirFest?

Great Job as always Tim. I look forward to getting one.

Wildman Hobbies is pleased to announce our latest creation.
The Drago EX
This Beast is 82 inches tall only weights in at 8.5 lbs. as pictured. So it can fly on anything from an I motor through a large M reloads up to 40 inches long with the 75mm motor mount .
Wildman is once again bringing you the best with the new stepped aluminum nose cone tip on our 4-1 filament wound fiberglass nose cones. Along with Candy Apple Red transparent fiberglass body tubes and 3/16 Beveled g10 fins this thing is not only good looking but also one of the best values in high power rocketry.
It will be up on the website soon or you can call to get one right away "the introductory price wont last long".
View attachment 298690
All of this for an introductory Price
$219.99
Club price
$200.00

We have a couple of guys in the club ready for their first FG rocket .. this would be ideal .

Love my Vindicator DD and Jart 5 inch ..but wish I would have upgraded them to 75mm !

Kenny

Cool, another rocket you can do all three level certifications, a bit pricey for a level one rocket but for all three, what a bargain!

This thing knocks on the door of the Three Oaks waiver as well with an M...

With a (4) grain AT M-1297, barely... with a (5) grain M-1315... NOPE.

Plan your flights accordingly to not break the waiver...

Justin's got the idea. Itty-bitty baby M is still an M. Build it solid and heavy, and realistically, you could do all 3 on this rocket. What a deal.

Cool, another rocket you can do all three level certifications, a bit pricey for a level one rocket but for all three, what a bargain!

Maybe you can do all three levels in Tripoli but for NAR the first requirement is: An individual may not submit a design for a Level 3 Certification project review to the L3CC
until Level 2 certification has been successfully accomplished.

Maybe you can do all three levels in Tripoli but for NAR the first requirement is: An individual may not submit a design for a Level 3 Certification project review to the L3CC
until Level 2 certification has been successfully accomplished.

Couldn't someone document the build and submit it for review after L2 has been achieved?

Some L3CCs will be fine with it. Others will want you to build a rocket that is more of a Level 3 rocket. However, if the rocket is going really high, and you can recover it with a Level 3 motor, then that carries some weight with some L3CCs.

My L3 was on a similar rocket to this one, but a MAC Performance Radial Flyer. It's a Level1/Level 2 rocket but with a 75mm MMT. I took it to 13,000 feet on an M1101, and although it isn't really a Level 3 rocket in some people's eyes, it took a lot of experience and care to recover it after 13,000 feet on a farm.

My question is someone who is not even L-1. your building skills will change as one moves up the levels and flies larger motors. I can see using a single rocket for 1&2 levels but not for a L-3 flight. There is a lot to learn from L-1 to L-3. Build a number of rockets and have fun getting to all levels.

Have fun and fly safe.

My question is someone who is not even L-1. your building skills will change as one moves up the levels and flies larger motors. I can see using a single rocket for 1&2 levels but not for a L-3 flight. There is a lot to learn from L-1 to L-3. Build a number of rockets and have fun getting to all levels.

Have fun and fly safe.

While in theory one could use this rocket for L1-L3, I agree with this statement 100%.

Have fun and fly safe.

Agreed. My L1 was foam and fly. Building my DarkoStar (L2) was a steep learning curve.

Tim,
Respectfully.......don't you know that I'm TRYING to not be a rocketeer anymore? What the heck are you doing, tempting me like this? Don't you have any consideration at all for me and my "situation"? Please, in the future, if you are going to release anything like this, the least you could do is price it a lot higher.

jeez,
s6

Tim,
Respectfully.......don't you know that I'm TRYING to not be a rocketeer anymore? What the heck are you doing, tempting me like this? Don't you have any consideration at all for me and my "situation"? Please, in the future, if you are going to release anything like this, the least you could do is price it a lot higher.

jeez,
s6

Tell ya what, stealth... Because I'm so caring, and I feel for you... You buy it, I'll build it, and it'll be a communal rocket that anyone can fly. Deal?

Have fun and fly safe.

I agree with this and would like to see Level-3 have to be a scratch built rocket and not a kit. I might get slammed for this but your building and design skills are really only demonstrated with a successfully flown and recovered scratch build rocket. I've seen scratch built Level-2 rockets that were more demanding than some Level-3 rockets made from a kit.

It takes some good design and building work to make a rocket fly successfully on a G-M motor. If someone bought a Drago EX for their L-3 would anyone have a problem with that?

That I don't agree with that. So your saying one should make their own tubes, nosecones, fins, CRs, And the cost of building all your own parts would keep most all of us from doing L-3. Most people start with a kit and build it as they see fit to make sure their L-3 is successful.

Bottom line, L3 is can you successfully launch and recover on an M, N, or O impulse motor with redundant deployment? It has nothing to do with scratch building, electronics, tracking, etc. Now, all of those things may be requisite skills to some extent, but that's not what the test is for.

I could see scratch building being a prerequisite for an L3CC or TAP position, but not level 3.

I agree with this and would like to see Level-3 have to be a scratch built rocket and not a kit. I might get slammed for this but your building and design skills are really only demonstrated with a successfully flown and recovered scratch build rocket. I've seen scratch built Level-2 rockets that were more demanding than some Level-3 rockets made from a kit.

It takes some good design and building work to make a rocket fly successfully on a G-M motor. If someone bought a Drago EX for their L-3 would anyone have a problem with that?

Can you guys please have this discussion somewhere besides my new kit release thread.
Thank You
Tim

Back