• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Madcow Fiberglass 5.5" V-2 Kit - OOP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VARocketflyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fiberglass Madcow 5.5" V-2 kit that I would love to build but have just not found the time. If you're a V-2 fan, this is the best fiberglass kit I've seen since Dynacom used to make a 5" version. I'm not a scale expert and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are, but to me this one looks right since they use two different profiles for the nosecone and the tailcone. I don't know why so many fiberglass kits are currently out of production, but this is one of them so if you've been looking for one here is a good opportunity. This kid does come with a few more features than most fiberglass kits to these days. It comes with 20 feet of 7/16 inch tubular nylon and u-bolts rather than unwelded eyes for your anchor points. Price is $260.00. PayPal only please and shipping is to lower 48. Shipping is hard to figure on something like this especially lately but I'm going to say $25 and if it's any less I will refund the difference to you. Thanks for looking.

Product Description​

We use two different shapes to make our nose cone and tail cone to get an accurate scale outline.

Features:​

FIBERGLASS KIT
○Scale Filament Wound Nose Cone
○Scale Filament Wound Tail Cone
○Metal Tip Nose Cone
○Pre-Slotted Fiberglass Tail Cone
○G10 Fins and Centering Rings
○Rail Buttons with T-nuts
○20' 7/16" Tubular Nylon Shock Cord

Specifications:​

○Length: 46.5"
○Diameter 5.5"
○Weight: 8.1 lb
○Motor Mount: 54mm
○Fins: 4 each 1/8" G10

Attachments

• IMG_20220512_165018.jpg
    IMG_20220512_165018.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220512_172029.jpg
    IMG_20220512_172029.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220512_172014.jpg
    IMG_20220512_172014.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220512_172411.jpg
    IMG_20220512_172411.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very nice shot. Thanks for sharing. It's just 2 Centering rings, a 75mm motor tube, and some fin tab trimming away from 75mm. I went this route since I figured I honestly would fly it more on 54s anyway and didn't need to adapt down this way.

Thanks again,,

Mark

Very nice shot. Thanks for sharing. It's just 2 Centering rings, a 75mm motor tube, and some fin tab trimming away from 75mm. I went this route since I figured I honestly would fly it more on 54s anyway and didn't need to adapt down this way.

Thanks again,,

Mark
The build with the 75 was tough. It hardly fits in the tailcone and the retainer was a challenge. The 54 will be much more practical. And many more choices for that length.

FWIW, I picked up 5 of these for friends from Mike back in the day after he dropped them off to Frank when he had the big yellow "TweetyBird" on the playa and I really thot I was gonna be lynched. I paid cash and you thot I had stolen the crown jewels. It was ugly and I got out fast. Frank explained to the rabble that I had pre-ordered them, but I was not a popular guy that day. I don't care for V-2's but was honestly very uncomfortable with the near riot I caused. Pretty sure CWbullet got one of those so you could ask him advice if needed. Cool kits back in the day and apparently good fliers. Nice score for you, mate! Straight smoke and good chutes!

Last edited:
Back