Deuce and Tres #21

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those were cool pics. I opened the fist one, "ooooooh" the second, "ahhhhh", etc. looks good. Now try vid with it ! and that woul dlook cool if it could Barberpole :)

thanx, Ben

Great pix! 3 for 3 on the Deuce, eh? very nice. I always get nervous whenever I launch a rocket more than once at any one event... :p

As for the Decaffeinator separation, I had that happen the other day and was wondering what went wrong. When I recovered both parts I discovered that my knot has simply untied itself.... I have NEVER seen *that* happen before... sheesh!

Originally posted by jflis
Great pix! 3 for 3 on the Deuce, eh? very nice. I always get nervous whenever I launch a rocket more than once at any one event... :p

As for the Decaffeinator separation, I had that happen the other day and was wondering what went wrong. When I recovered both parts I discovered that my knot has simply untied itself.... I have NEVER seen *that* happen before... sheesh!

That's exactly what happened to me. No burning on the cords, and the ends are intact.

And actually, I'm 5 for 5 on the Deuce... Those were just the best pictures.

Now here's a couple of the UFFO... I didn't have any B6-0s, so I thought it might be high enough to be fine on a -2.. NOPE. Went up about 20 feet and the charge went off about 2 feet above the ground. Got some comments about "retro rockets" ;)

Up higher, motor's about done and it's starting to flip over. Thanks to rharkins for the pics.

LOL

Yeah, the UFFO is about the closest thing to flying an open parachute as you're likely to find... :p

Back