Delta-IV Kit Versions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...do you have a 'Delta Family' package deal? Those rockets look awesome...love the parallel stager!

FC

You mean like this? (see attached)

I have another batch of 18mm Delta IV Heavy's, Medium 5+4's and Medium 4+2's about to go to my vendor. They still have a coupl of Delta III's and Medium 4+2's.

My 24mm versions are close to being ready and I will be getting another 18mm set ready soon, I'll talk to jonrocket.com and see if they want to set up a package deal for the next lot.

Thanks,
-Carl-

P1100817-sm.jpg

That's exactly what I mean...since I don't have any of them, I'd love a package deal!

FC

great kits...and i have them all ! Only one built so far (24mm Medium 5+4)

Saving the rest as winter projects :wink:

Paul T

My 24mm versions are close to being ready and I will be getting another 18mm set ready soon, I'll talk to jonrocket.com and see if they want to set up a package deal for the next lot.

Well ... uh .. hum ..... :)

As you know ...

We wanted to price the kits competitively even though they aren't mass produced. So, we (JonRocket.com), and Carl, agreed to much less of a margin on the kits than is the case with most other kits. So, there's not a lot of room for a discount on a "package deal."

But, I'm sure we can work out something interesting. :)

-- Roger

Well ... uh .. hum ..... :)

As you know ...

We wanted to price the kits competitively even though they aren't mass produced. So, we (JonRocket.com), and Carl, agreed to much less of a margin on the kits than is the case with most other kits. So, there's not a lot of room for a discount on a "package deal."

But, I'm sure we can work out something interesting. :)

-- Roger

I can fully understand that. Package deals tend not to be great for sellers if your margin isn't high to begin with. I'm being more of a cheap chump...well, that and it would be nice to save on shipping.

FC

Maybe for a similar price as buying standalone, the package would include an additional offering at little to no additional charge.

One example would be a display stand that holds all the rockets in the package, and maybe more sticker/decal stock which can be applied to the stand. The sticker/decals could list details about each rocket (ie: name, height, number of launches for no longer operational vehicles, capabilities (boost weight, boost altitude), etc).

Second example for a package deal would be to include some additional spare parts, in case of fin breakage, nose cone damage, unrecovered boosters, etc.

Third example: include a calendar of the the real rockets in flight, on the pad, in vehicle assembly buildings, etc.

The additional offerings could be offered standalone as well, but at a price where Carl can make some real profit.

Bob

Back