Deepsky HELfire Model Pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
I picked up my Helfire Model pad from Paul yesterday. He said he still didnt have all the bits for it, but he's gonna ship them to me soon.

Well I thought I'd tell everyone how good this pad is! I havent flow off it yet, but the strength and quality of it is amazing.

Now for the pics:

DSCN1380.JPG

The pad set up with my Quest Tomahawk on it.

DSCN1381.JPG

The innards of the pad. The rod goes through the blast deflector, and the black wing nut thingy screws around it.

DSCN1386.JPG

The pad folded down with the rod beside it.

DSCN1387.JPG

In the words of Paul Lavin, "All that is needed to integrate the rod with the pad, are two rubber bands..."

DSCN1389.JPG

Me holding the pad so you can get a scale on it... Also showing the carrying handle.

So any Brits who are fed up of the pad you got with your starter set, this is the way to go! It can be fully upgraded with stability addons, more rods, and you can put as many rods as you can fit on one pad at the same time! Perfect for drag races or having 3 different rods on at once.

The bottom line: Well worth £49.99

Phil

wik:

thats a cool looking launch pad.....

from my pov it needs 2 things:

1. little adjustable feeties on the 4 leg ends so you can level the pad....

2. an improved launch rod pivot so you can rotate and pivot the launch rod..

with these 2 minimal additions it would be perfect

Well as I said, Paul still needs to send me a couple of bits. He said there will be some feet eventually... As for angling the launch rod, you can move the blast deflector along the top leg, and I find you can angle the rod by moving it but not the peice that holds the rod in place. I dont know how this would work for a flight though.

Back