Current alternatives to PerfectFlite microTimer2?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm well aware of all the reasons it's preferred and wiser to use a modern, full-featured flight computer for airstarts, especially with HPR. However, I'm interested in playing with composite airstarts using 18mm motors. (Almost) nobody would hesitate to stage 18mm BP motors without electronics to intervene if something isn't right, so it seems reasonable to me to stage equivalent 18mm composite motors using a simple timer and the same level of care that I would with 18mm BP. And since there are no modern, full-featured flight computers I've been able to find that will do airstarts and fit in BT-20, I'm kinda stuck with that approach if I want to do this.

That said, the option I came up with to get it done is the PerfectFlite microTimer2. Unfortunately, they've been out of production for several years. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there anything else available that will fit in BT-20 and execute airstarts? Does anyone have a PerfectFlite microTimer2 sitting around that they don't plan to ever use again?

I'm well aware of all the reasons it's preferred and wiser to use a modern, full-featured flight computer for airstarts, especially with HPR. However, I'm interested in playing with composite airstarts using 18mm motors. (Almost) nobody would hesitate to stage 18mm BP motors without electronics to intervene if something isn't right, so it seems reasonable to me to stage equivalent 18mm composite motors using a simple timer and the same level of care that I would with 18mm BP. And since there are no modern, full-featured flight computers I've been able to find that will do airstarts and fit in BT-20, I'm kinda stuck with that approach if I want to do this.

That said, the option I came up with to get it done is the PerfectFlite microTimer2. Unfortunately, they've been out of production for several years. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there anything else available that will fit in BT-20 and execute airstarts? Does anyone have a PerfectFlite microTimer2 sitting around that they don't plan to ever use again?

Have you looked at perfectflitedirect.com for the new model Microtimer 4? I just purchased one on Monday.

Back