Controlling the Raven without the FIP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enderw88

New to the game
Reaction score
Adrian,
The Mac thread has apparently died, but I am still interested in trying to support Raven on Mac (or other platforms). It would be very interesting to see if I could get the interface specs for the Raven and do some command line support that would work in Mac and probably other Unices. I have this really grand idea of trying to integrate Raven data collection into OpenRocket in order to correct simulation predictions with real world measurements.

Any chance we could get details on the interface and data formats? If You aren't interested in open source I would be willing to sign an NDA and provide executables back to you to distribute.

Craig Earls

That's a kind an generous offer, but the developer I'm working with on the FIP already is looking into creating a Java-based Mac version. It's important to me to keep things simple, with a consistent interface between Mac and Windows, and I don't currently have much time for supporting multiple development efforts. I like the idea of integration with Open Rocket, though.

Maybe we could come up with an API which could be used to integrate every altimeter with OpenRocket...

Back