Composite Warehouse leaving the hobby?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just don't get it.
Why work to design, produce and market something you don't make right now? You act like he has unlimited time. He's allowed to eat, sleep, race his cars and do whatever else he wants vice spending 24 hours a day on rocketry.
Marketing alone doesn't predict success. The first step is to have something everyone wants (not just a few people). Then maybe you'll have something marketing can do something with. You'd never be able to sell ice at the south pole, regardless of the marketing.

You're best bet is to learn how to make one yourself. At least this way your energies would go to the goal and not to tilting at windmills
The market met my needs. That's the way this works...

It can get quite pricey. Last Black Friday I spent over $600 for a model I've been wanting a while now. And of course late December they announced a newer one that outperforms the one I got!

Coincidence? I think maybe not. Black Friday promotes the cash flow needed for new product launches, after the R&D drains the swamp... lol

The whole reason we are chatting about Curtis and CW is the products were amazing. If they were mediocre, everyone would have just filed their paypal, credit card claims and never looked back. He is a very talented composites engineer who sold amazing quality over an impressively wide variety. I hope he comes back and partners with a business person who can right ship. Fortunately for us there are other vendors like Wildman, Mach 1 etc who also have a great product and hopefully can expand their inventory.

This has been tried, hasn't it?
Yes, when he sold out to Mike at MadCow to avoid the pending law suit (amongst other reasons) he was supposed to be the sole source supplier.

MadCow, who in the last year or so ago went to Tim at Wildman for fiberglass when Curtis continued his trend of screwing folks over (I've been told by someone extremely close to the parties involved that when MadCow refused to continue to sell Composite Warehouse designs back to Curtis, he suspended all deliveries and refused further orders from them and went positively apoplectic when Tim gladly inked the deal with Mad Cow. Make of that what you will).

Last edited:
For any of us wanting to buy high quality carbon fiber and fiberglass airframes, does anyone know of reliable and trustworthy vendor options?

For any of us wanting to buy high quality carbon fiber and fiberglass airframes, does anyone know of reliable and trustworthy vendor options?
Giant Leap has quality tube, limited size selection though, I believe Alan is still selling tube at Hawk Mountain, his stuff was equal to CW quality, Mach one has nice tube but limited to smaller sizes.

I've bought a few fiberglass parts from Kosmo/buyrocketmotors and it's been very good quality and shipped immediately.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with your advice/opinions.
I very much appreciate it.
Jim

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Well well well, hope certainly does spring eternal. Looking forward to wildmans new offerings.

He mentioned supply chain issues with his tube supplier as a major factor in bringing production in house.
Issues as in that was what was preventing bringing it in house, or issues that were going to be solved by bringing it in house?

Back