Composite Warehouse leaving the hobby?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upsrocketman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone been on the composite warehouse site lately? It looks like he has removed the aerospace tab from his homepage. I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing it cause I'm on my phone or if it's really not there.
Has he made a formal exit from the hobby? Or is he reorganizing again?

Looks gone to me too.
gerald ford america GIF

The links thru all the menus are gone. But I went into a past order and then clicked on the item there, and the product page came up. It also allowed me to then add it to cart... so the rocket stuff is all there, just no menu pointers.

I would guess on-hold / restructuring, and they may make a comeback, again at some point....

[ As Art noted, no nose cones. They have been the biggest problem for 3 years. They are just too labor intensive, and slow to mass produce. ]

Last updated in 2014.
The address for Composite Warehouse shows a leased building with other tenants there now.

The address for Proline Composites is a large building owned by Erikson Equipment. Proline is listed as an occupant.

Could you elaborate? Apologies, but I don't quite follow. Are you saying Proline is Curtis/Composite Warehouse?
That is undeniable. He had used that name in the past both personally and with a business partner as Proline Rocketry.

http://www.prolinerocketry.com/
The "new" website has not been updated since 2014 or at least was updated without taking into account the date.

Last edited:
The "new" website has not been updated since 2014 or at least was updated without taking into account the date.
The website front page was updated overnight last night. It no longer has the 2014 date at the bottom, and notes a lot of stuff being added over the next few days. (Nothing but the "new" front page working right now. Other links are HTTP 500 error, or 404 error.)
20240103_070730.jpg

[Standing by for reboot.]

I had ordered a rocket 15 months ago and left it in the “pay when ready” area to see how long it would take.
I just received this email this morning. Looks like Curtis is out of the rocketry business.

"Order ID: 27678
Date Added: 09/16/2022

Your order has been updated to the following status:

Canceled

The comments for your order are:

We are canceling your order as we do not have the capacity to fulfill this order. We ask that you do not try to reorder as we will no longer sell to the Rocketry Comunity.
You have not been charged so please consider this order canceled.

If you have any question, please email [email protected]

Thank You
Curtis Turner
Composite Warehouse
814-270-6770
Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

Last edited:
Looks like Curtis is out of the rocketry business.
Over the years, Curtis has done business through:
* ProLine web site (a ghost for quite some time, waking back up?)
* Rocketry Warehouse (sold to Mike@MadCow, some of the designs have been reacquired by Curtis last year, CW fiberglass now replaced by WM material)
* Composite Warehouse (now apparently out of the rocketry business)

NOTHING rules out Curtis continuing as the non-publicly available/direct supplier to anyone else (a la Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies), nor does it rule out yet another re-branding attempt by Curtis.

Last edited:
Does this mean I have to completely give up hope on my order from two Black Fridays ago being filled? I spoke with him on the phone, and via the chat on the page multiple times and was assured each time he would ship my kit order. Still nothing, I am apparently just another victim as he definitely got my money…

Does this mean I have to completely give up hope on my order from two Black Fridays ago being filled? I spoke with him on the phone, and via the chat on the page multiple times and was assured each time he would ship my kit order. Still nothing, I am apparently just another victim as he definitely got my money…
Whether to give up hope is your decision. :)

I don't like your chances, though.

I just received this email this morning. Looks like Curtis is out of the rocketry business.

"Order ID: 27678
Date Added: 09/16/2022

Your order has been updated to the following status:

Canceled

The comments for your order are:

We are canceling your order as we do not have the capacity to fulfill this order. We ask that you do not try to reorder as we will no longer sell to the Rocketry Comunity.
You have not been charged so please consider this order canceled.

If you have any question, please email [email protected]

Thank You
Curtis Turner
Composite Warehouse
814-270-6770
Please reply to this email if you have any questions."
Well, that confirms it. I am sure another business will pop up to replace him. Hopefully, they are more reliable.

Over the years, Curtis has done business through:
* ProLine web site (a ghost for quite some time, waking back up?)
* Rocketry Warehouse (sold to Mike@MadCow, some of the designs have been reacquired by Curtis last year, CW fiberglass now replaced by WM material)
* Composite Warehouse (now apparently out of the rocketry business)

NOTHING rules out Curtis continuing as the non-publicly available/direct supplier to anyone else (a la Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies), nor does it rule out yet another re-branding attempt by Curtis.
Composite Rocketry Warehouse Rocketry Composites, LLC coming next year! 🤣

Back