CMASS May12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH48

Reaction score
We finally got approval for this launch, so who is going and what are you bringing.

I'm assuming that it will be mostly LPR so I will get a chance to use up some of those A8-3's left over from the Blast off packs.

I finally finished my Sirius Rocketry U.S.S. Atlantis Refit model so I'm going to bring it with me. The review from EMRR says it weathercocks with a D12 so we'll see what we have for wind.

I'm bringing the Rokitflite Fake Wulf for another go. Other than that, just my usual assortment of low power stuff.

See ya there!

Originally posted by BobH48
We finally got approval for this launch, so who is going and what are you bringing.

I'm bringing the **** trailer. I spent a hour tonight cleaning it so it will pass the board of health inspection and I've got to sneak out of work for a couple of hours tomorrow to bring it Tewksbury. I've also got to find out where we're flying. If I'm really lucky I might even have time to bring a rocket or two.

You know I'll be there.
I'll have my beta test build of the FlisKits Frick-n-Frack, Semroc Mars Lander as well as a bunch of others.

Bill said,
I'm bringing the **** trailer. I spent a hour tonight cleaning it so it will pass the board of health inspection and I've got to sneak out of work for a couple of hours tomorrow to bring it Tewksbury.

So does that mean there will be hot dogs.

I'll be there with a nice mix of stuff :)

If anyone wants/needs parts send me an email with your list and I will bring it along (don't reply here, send email)

jim

Originally posted by billspad
I'm bringing the **** trailer. I spent a hour tonight cleaning it so it will pass the board of health inspection and I've got to sneak out of work for a couple of hours tomorrow to bring it Tewksbury. I've also got to find out where we're flying. If I'm really lucky I might even have time to bring a rocket or two.

Tell me it's software that automatically removed dam(n). Taking that word out makes it look like I said something worse.

Sorry will not be there. We are on "any moment" baby status.

I know if I went to a launch that would be THE moment.:D

Maybe for the next launch I can bring along a new rocket helper?

Originally posted by billspad
Tell me it's software that automatically removed dam(n). Taking that word out makes it look like I said something worse.

Yeah, the forum software has some filtering that replaces "objectionable" words. It's in the FAQ.

I knew what you meant, though. Anything worse would have had more stars or there would have been an "ing" after the four stars.

BTW, I'll be there Saturday with the same assortment of stuff I've been flying for the last N years. I really need to paint some of the stuff that's been waiting in the queue, like my scratch-built Patriot missile that's been in primer since the original Gulf War.

Originally posted by HotRod Lincoln
Sorry will not be there. We are on "any moment" baby status.

I know if I went to a launch that would be THE moment.:D

Maybe for the next launch I can bring along a new rocket helper?

Hey,

congrats!

I'll miss it, got to work. I'll be wishing I was launching.

Everyone please take photos and post them!

Mark

Originally posted by jbuscaglia
Yeah, the forum software has some filtering that replaces "objectionable" words. It's in the FAQ.

I knew what you meant, though. Anything worse would have had more stars or there would have been an "ing" after the four stars.

BTW, I'll be there Saturday with the same assortment of stuff I've been flying for the last N years. I really need to paint some of the stuff that's been waiting in the queue, like my scratch-built Patriot missile that's been in primer since the original Gulf War.

So can I write WTF withoug being censored?

Originally posted by jbuscaglia
Only if you're talking about the World Taekwondo Federation, but that would be off-topic.

The software changed the "t" in without to a "g". Either that or I totally ignored the spelling checker.

I was going to respond to your reply with ROFLMAO but I think the A is forbidden.

We had a good launch today despite the new small field.
Not a big crowd but most of the usuals.
Jim Flis and I drag raced our Frick-n-Fracks. :)
Mine is a beta test model for NSL.
Here's one shot of the launch.
I'll post more pics tomorrow.

It WAS a good day and I was surprised at the light turnout. Bet it was *mom's* fault... :p

The light turnout resulted in empty pads and VERY few launches (I beleive we were near 200 for the day but doubt that we passed that). For CMASS anything under 350 flights is a slow day...

I flew some proto types, like the Frick-n-Frack, HERC-5 and Thumper (great flight on Thumper!) and a bunch of my micro kits.

I also flew a neat scractch micro (John, yer gonna love this). I was watching the ball game friday night and got bored as I fumbled with some building supplies when I noticed some egg-crate type packing material (you know that molded pulp stuff that the to-go coffee trays and egg cartons are made out of.

It was the perfect shape for a micro pyramid so I did it. Flew great to over 60 feet! Here's a pix of it on the pad

I'm going to try to get my pix online later tonight but I have to get a boat load of kitting done befor we take Kathy out to dinner to night :)

Here's my HERC-5 (this will be our 5th anniversary kit in September) taking off on a B6-4. She's a bit wobbly and I think I may have to stick a pair of standard fins on her to correct that (but I really don;t want to... :) )

She's a pretty bird!

Even tho a bit blurry, that HERC-5 looks awesome! Will impatiently await September to get here then will beat a path to your order page to order one or three! :) Will be a great B-Day gift to myself!:D

Here's a shot of Bob's daughter Kaitlyn doing safety check, she did it for most of the day and was very thorough.

My Mars Lander on a D13-4. It spit the casing but after a search we found it thanks to the short grass.

And my Deuce Wild on B6-4s, field too small for Cs.

Attachments

• deuses wild lo 2 cp sm.jpg
    deuses wild lo 2 cp sm.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by jflis

The light turnout resulted in empty pads and VERY few launches (I beleive we were near 200 for the day but doubt that we passed that).

I hear that for some regional events 200 a day is quite an accomplishment (relaxing my personal ban on emoticons I feel I must do this -->) :D

I really like the Tewksbury launches because of the light turnout. We get to chit chat a little more and there are fewer people to see my less than perfect flights.

Looks like a fun day. I wish I could have been there. It certainly would have been more fun than my day, which consisted of splitting and stacking 3.5 cords of firewood from a H-U-G-E oak tree that we had taken down over the winter.

I would have loved to see that Frick-n-frack drag race!

I had a fun day. The Tewksbury launches always seem to be more relaxed than any of the others.

It's nice to be able to prep a rocket, take it to safety check, and have it launched within a minute or two. I think the longest wait I had all day was for 3 rockets to be launched before mine.

I got a chance to fly my newly completed Sirius Rocketry U.S.S. Atlantis Refit model. I had read a couple of reviews on EMRR that mentioned severe weathercocking. I happened to lauch mine during a lull when the wind was low. Even so, it arched over and went horizontal, luckily towards the open end of the field. Deployment happened probably no more than 100 ft. up. The chute held, there was no zipper and it landed on the edge of the parking lot. No damage to the model.

When were were packing up, Jim Flis was helping me and he speculated that perhaps the radar dish, being slanted at a 45 degree angle could have helped contribute to the launch trajectory. It makes sense to me since the direction that it went would have been exactly the direction it would have been pushed if the dish was the culprit.

Boy, I wish I could have made it. Spent most of the day in Seattle. I did get to go to the Science Fiction Museum, but I would have rather been with the club launching.

Mark

Looks like you guys had a good launch. I had to work Saturday so I could not burn any BP and a small amount of AP ;)

I'm going to try to get my pix online later tonight but I have to get a boat load of kitting done befor we take Kathy out to dinner to night :)

Ok, so it took me 6 months.... LOL

At the request of a member, I finally got my pictures up for the May 12th launch. Hey, you can see pix of the original HERC fly, without the balsa fins no less :) They were added for stability purposes, so don't leave'em off!

You can see the album by clicking HERE!

Enjoy!
jim

Back