Classic Model Rocket UPSCALE List !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 4X upscale of the Estes Gemini DC complete with dual rear eject parachutes. The only difference is they are configured for dual deploy (one 58” parachute at apogee and the other identical parachute deployed at 600’agl).

Attachments

• 18678AEB-15FB-4BD4-8BA9-6F0A410D3D32.jpeg
    18678AEB-15FB-4BD4-8BA9-6F0A410D3D32.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Centuri Screaming Eagle, original 18mm power size clone with 3D printed fin can, min dia 13mm 2D printed (cardstock) downscale, and a 29mm kit bash using the Estes Prowler PSII E2X kit with plywood TTW fins.

View attachment 438624

eRockets/SEMROC retro repro Centuri Excalibur 18mm power, cardstock 13mm downscale STING, and scratch 24mm power upscale MACHETE. (I made Boosters for the 13mm and 18mm power versions)

View attachment 438628

The 18mm power original size were both part of the first launch set I had as a kid, the Centuri BIG SHOT.
Have you got any rpcksim files or paterns and parts list for these?

6X RAMJET. That makes it just around 6 feet tall. 4" core with 7.67phenolic outer skin. Got an 8x cut out. That has a 6" core with 10.5" outer tubing.
I might have to try that. I might do smaller and work my way up. I want to try making many of the 3D-printed parts.

I might have to try that. I might do smaller and work my way up. I want to try making many of the 3D-printed parts.
Someone has posted BT-80 version of the Ramjet with 3D printed parts on Thingiverse. I started building it a while back using resin-printed parts. Just need to figure out how to get one of the parts to stop warping. That surely won’t be a problem with FDM.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3113350

Someone has posted BT-80 version of the Ramjet with 3D printed parts on Thingiverse. I started building it a while back using resin-printed parts. Just need to figure out how to get one of the parts to stop warping. That surely won’t be a problem with FDM.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3113350
Thanks. I have both, so I will likely use PETG in an FD printer. I might try a 4-inch upscale.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back