• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Centuri 1/45 Little Joe II (KS-8) Models For Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rraeford

Reaction score
I have two 1/45 scale Centuri Little Joe II (KS-8) models for sale.

One is an older built-up. I bought it many years ago with the idea of restoration/freshening up. The model is complete except for a few of small pieces.

The 16 R.C.S. nozzles are missing - they can be turned from wood dowel (it's tedious to make 16 but can be done). Three of the four mounts for the R.C.S. nozzles are also missing (again a fairly easy to replicate piece).

The engine mount with three ST-7 tubes for the three-engine cluster is missing, This can also be made pretty easily or the model can adapted to fly on one D12.

Lastly, the model needs to be repainted. The metallic finish was sprayed over with clear spray and has yellowed (as well as the white on the upper half). The tower is in great shape and the static nozzle plug is included. I have two 24" Centuri chute canopies and will include them as well. No box or papers for this one.

The second LJII is a kit.

The kit is partially built. The centering rings and stuffer tube have been glued into the main body tube. The top part of the escape tower has been built from the nose cone down to the fairing above the nozzles. The escape tower framework is not assembled but one of the plastic nozzles halves is missing (can be carved as a replacement). For some reason, there's an extra escape tower nose cone.

Another challenge with the kit is the main Apollo nose cone - it's missing. There is a replacement cone and the history of it is as follows.

Some time ago, Mike Schmidt (formerly of Moldin' Oldies) made a valiant attempt to make a reproduction of the nose for me. He nearly succeeded in making a perfect knockoff but he had some problems. He did manage to make me a serviceable part. The cone he sent me is included and needs some finishing to work. It should work fine but it won't be an original piece.

There are a couple of other issues. One of the vacuform fin fairings is missing. This is probably the most difficult and/or time consuming part to make. There is a self-adhesive wrap that was meant to go around the cone. It's there but was peeled off of its backing and then replaced. It's a little bit mangled but usable - as a painting guide if nothing else. No other decals. There are 13 of the 16 R.C.S. nozzles included (three missing).

There are no original instructions or scale data but I will download and print them so they'll be included. The box and parachutes (unbuilt, red and white with shroud line and tape disks) are included. The box condition is fair. All other parts are there as far as I can tell.

That's a description of the kit.

So here's the idea I always had for this stuff. Between the two LJIIs there's enough parts to wind up with 2 complete models. One can be an original display model and one can be a flyer.

Since the kit is incomplete and/or has repro parts, it's really a builders kit. So I'd like to sell these together to someone who might be willing to finish what I started. I am willing to separate them however.

I'd like to get $250 for all but will entertain offers (I have this listed on YORF also).

Incidently, I'm selling several vintage Estes checkerboard parachutes on eBay right now. Search seller rraeford.

I can email pics to anyone interested in a closer look.

Please PM me or email at [email protected]

Thanks.

Romie Lucas

To anyone who's interested in these items. I will be listing them separately on eBay this weekend. Thanks.

The built model is for sale on eBay with several photos for anyone who's interested.

Back