Big Daddy discontinued?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never, EVER seen a Big Daddy at one of our local Hobby Lobby's. Count yourself lucky.

Never mind. Next time I'll actually READ and I'll see that you said Hobbylinc.
Come on, it's 4:20am. Cut me a break.

Originally posted by sandman

The Big Daddy has it's own unique body tube that is 3.0" od but Totally Tubular has them in stock!
https://www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/tt.htm

Thanks, Sandman... I went to Totally Tubular and found this:

T-80 2.600 2.558 0.021 34
T-101 3.938 3.386 0.021 34

The T-101 doesn't make sense (ID + wall < OD) but it still is too big. Maybe they have it but aren't telling? Any suggestions?

Rick

Rick,

The Totally Tubular website hasn't been updated in a while but he has them.

Just ask for the 3" Big Daddy tube. Tube is 34" long. Cost is ~$7.00.

Darn,
They are starting to put that rubber "poo" shock cord back into the kits already? I wonder what the real reason they switched back to that terrible stuff is. I have Estes rockets 15 years old with rotted rubber shock cords and Centuri ones twice that age with the sewing elastic type that are still in perfect shape! Now with the whole Kevlar thing I wonder why would Estes take a step backwards???

Originally posted by Gus
Rick,

The Totally Tubular website hasn't been updated in a while but he has them.

Just ask for the 3" Big Daddy tube. Tube is 34" long. Cost is ~$7.00.
I've asked Jim to send me an update for the TT catalog so I can put it online for him. I'm still waiting. Sound familiar? ;)

As of Sunday my local Michaels still had them. Must have been 2 or 3 there. I have not built one, maybe i should :) Wheres the 40 percent coupon...oh drat I used it already har har.

Back