Another cert question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonshiprider

Reaction score
While on the subject of certification I have a question of my own I've been meaning to ask.A few weeks ago I was over at the TRA site just looking around.It was the first time I had been over there in quite a while.What is up with the F and G certs?Is that an official thing or a feelgood program?

Are you asking about motor certification or are you asking about High Power Certification for humans who fly High Power Rockets?

What did TRA say in response to your e-mailed question to them?

Originally posted by dragonshiprider
While on the subject of certification I have a question of my own I've been meaning to ask.A few weeks ago I was over at the TRA site just looking around.It was the first time I had been over there in quite a while.What is up with the F and G certs?Is that an official thing or a feelgood program?

Well Vector I was kinda hoping that you would e-mail them for me.You don't seem to be too busy at least not to the point of having anything better to do.

I think these certs are for the the younger crowd enamored by the really big stuff so as to get them involved in some higher power they normally wouldn't be allowed to. A bit like the NAR Jr L1, but for younger kids with parent supervision. I'm not exactly certain of the details of what the certification actually gets you, but several months ago we had a boy of around 10 fly an F motor in an Eliminator for this certification category. Obviously, he can't buy the motors but it gives him the oportunity to fly some larger motors he normally couldn't. His father is a member of the club with L3. I think he got bored with the Estes motors :).

Originally posted by MarkM
I think these certs are for the the younger crowd enamored by the really big stuff so as to get them involved in some higher power they normally wouldn't be allowed to. A bit like the NAR Jr L1, but for younger kids with parent supervision. I'm not exactly certain of the details of what the certification actually gets you, but several months ago we had a boy of around 10 fly an F motor in an Eliminator for this certification category. Obviously, he can't buy the motors but it gives him the oportunity to fly some larger motors he normally couldn't. His father is a member of the club with L3. I think he got bored with the Estes motors :).

Thanks,Mark!That's all I wanted to know.I personally will have to be very,very old before I get bored with Estes motors.Although,BP and AP together make for a well balanced diet for my missle munchies.

Back