Announcing: Certify With Us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm....

A bolo-tie stabilized rocket.....

That just might work......

G.D.

Congratulations to all the winners and good luck!
Also thanks to all that put the contest on.

Jeff

Layne? How many times do we have to tell you, it's a piece of twine, not string! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, your rocket ends up a big yolk.....or is that because you soft-boiled the eggs, last time?

-Kevin

Well, the yolks on you, I refuse to use your piece if twine, or string or cord or whatever....

What was I talking about?

Last edited:
This may be sort of a hijack, but I have a question.

Is this the only cert special offered by CTI this year? Just trying to plan ahead for the summer/fall...

Thanx!!

This may be sort of a hijack, but I have a question.

Is this the only cert special offered by CTI this year? Just trying to plan ahead for the summer/fall...

Thanx!!

CTI usually has a continually running cert special for L1/L2, and all the dealers I've bought from seem to be in on the program.

Check out the top of the wildman home page https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/

Thanx COrocket. I saw that , but wasn't sure if it was a left over from the one that ended Dec 31, 2012. I have way more time than money, so it may not matter either way. ;)

Our L1/L2 cert specials were extended till June 30, 2013 (your dealer may not have received this notice yet).

Jeroen

Our L1/L2 cert specials were extended till June 30, 2013 (your dealer may not have received this notice yet).

Jeroen

Does this include the non-TRF related special?

This was and is a great idea! From our first launch in March of 2012 to our last on Dec. 22, we had rocketeers attempting L-1s and some L-2s at every launch. Special Thanks to Robert and Gloria, of Animal Motor Works for their support and guidance.

Scott

Does this include the non-TRF related special?

This was and is a great idea! From our first launch in March of 2012 to our last on Dec. 22, we had rocketeers attempting L-1s and some L-2s at every launch. Special Thanks to Robert and Gloria, of Animal Motor Works for their support and guidance.

Jeroen is referring to CTI's normal certification specials.

If I'm not mistaken, those offers are:

Level 1: Buy any H or I reload, get the matching case for free
Level 2: Buy any 38mm or 54mm J reload, get the matching case for free

Jeroen will have to confirm whether or not I have the specifics right on that.

-Kevin

Is there a link you can share on that? Looked at a few vendors and couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.

The first post states that it is a special program for members of TRF, and to participate you send a private message with your intentions and do a public build thread here on the forum. Maybe the program has changed since 2013, though.

The first post states that it is a special program for members of TRF, and to participate you send a private message with your intentions and do a public build thread here on the forum. Maybe the program has changed since 2013, though.
We have been doing the L1 and L2 cert program for several years now, purchase a reload and get the casing free, no need to do a build thread. The build thread idea was from several years ago, it was only done once to my knowledge, it included the reload and case for free.

We have been doing the L1 and L2 cert program for several years now, purchase a reload and get the casing free, no need to do a build thread. The build thread idea was from several years ago, it was only done once to my knowledge, it included the reload and case for free.

That's great news, opens up some appealing options for my L2.

Correct. That was a one-time deal I arranged with Jeroen. CTI donated the hardware & reloads and included them in a shipment to Wildman. I then paid Wildman to ship them to the recipients.

Last edited:

Is this from any vendor? Asking for my nephew who would probably make use of this from a Canadian vendor.

No, you pay for the reload and get the casing free.
I did this last August and October on my L1 and L2. Bought the reloads and now have a 29mm 3g and a 38mm 5g for free. It all depends on if your vendor wants to do the paperwork or not. Mine is awesome and does it. Offwegorocketry.com

Hi Bobby, I also use Gary for a lot of my purchases, not just at the field. His CS is great. Are you in MN or IA? Dave.

Hi Bobby, I also use Gary for a lot of my purchases, not just at the field. His CS is great. Are you in MN or IA? Dave.
South Dakota. We have launches once a month and he comes over to be our onsite vendor.

I did not know he went to SD also. Our office is in Gary, Do you launch near Brookings?
Yes. Just north of Brookings. 14 miles north and 3 west. We do the first Saturday of the month and he comes over. He doesn't list it on his website though.

this may change my L2 cert plans. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back