AltosDROID and Amazon?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenB

Mostly Water
Reaction score
Does anyone know if AltosDROID with a TeleBT will run well (or as its supposed to)with Amazon's 'modified' Android operating system?

Does anyone know if AltosDROID with a TeleBT will run well (or as its supposed to)with Amazon's 'modified' Android operating system?

Afraid I've never tried it. If you use offline maps, it should work as we're using the same interface as our desktop version for downloading map images. Let us know if you do try it at some point.

I haven't flown it but on my Nexus 7 2013 I've hacked with the Cyanogen mod, AltosDroid works fine and dandy with a TeleBT/Tele-GPS on ground testing. I don't see why it won't work in flight. I've downloaded maps from a high speed access point as I have the WiFi only version. Again, the off line maps come up fine with the watermarks. The map is still very usable. Nice thing about the Tele-GPS is the Ham fliers can use a standard APRS receiver setup to do basic tracking
with a D7, D72A or VX8 series APRS trackers. The packet is sent in conjunction with the digital information that the TeleBT receives so one can have a D72A
or any APRS station monitoring at the same time for backup! Or, if an APRS Ham flier needs a smaller tracker, they don't have to get a TeleBT or other ground station if they already have an APRS receiving setup. Neat trick.
Oh, another thing. AlosDroid has several major flying sites listed in its database. Click on the site and it will take one there and the mapfiles can be stored on ones device for off grid use. Kurt

Back