All right, who's goin to the Dec.10 SLRA launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well all ya got to do is hit on them and ask em out for supper then they will leave ya alone LOL:D

It's usually really **** cold, windy, rainy, snowy or some combination and we just don't get the participation. Also Bruce is usually in Colorado. So we have an annual BYOLE (bring your own launch equipment) launch at Buder. I'll have the club rack, rods and backup controller. ya'll bring your rockets and pads if you want. See you there.

Generally, club equipment does not make an appearance at these launches. I'm not trying to rag on you, OARJeepr, but tradition (at least, when I was in the club) was that people would bring their homemade/estes launch pads, and just play with them all day. No launch cards, no RSO checks, no politics, just bring 'em out, put em on a empty pad, and launch 'em.

I also recall a bunch of kids being in attendance at the Jan launches because they got a new starter set for christmas, and a few other rockets for christmas, so they want to come out and play with them with daddy, and most parents would spend this launch with their kids instead of screaming at their kids to behave while loading that K185.... ;)

January is definitely cold. If december was cold, January will kick ya in the can.

Save the high power stuff for Feb/March/April. It'll be worth it.

Mike

I didn't say anything about rso, flight cards, pa, or politics. I'm aware of the traditional launch setup. Bruce asked if I was going to make it and asked if I would bring the club rack, rods, and backup controller. It's not an official club event but since I have the equipment it seems kind of silly not to bring it since I'm the one who takes care of it. Basically I'm kidnapping the clubs low power equipment for one day. If others don't want to use it, fine with me. If they want to fly something stupid, I might encourage another option, but I won't be stopping anything.

Personally, I want to compliment OARJeepr for all the hard work and effort he puts into everything surrounding the club!!! He's dedicated to the cause, to the point that I've seen him willing to forfeit launching to ensure everyone else gets the opportunity. Even our club president very, very, rarely launches - so he can help others.

Yes, I think there is always room for growth, but hands-down OARJeepr and the rest of our club's leadership sincerely and heartfelty cares about rocketry. I'm sure if they're human they, themselves, grow tired and at times might even just be trying to get by. But, they come through and do more than most

sorry mike,
didn't mean to come off so harsh. The I was trying to say is that the January launch has always been a month off for the officers who the equipment. If it was official then we'd have to show up. Making it unofficial means everyone can show up on the day with their GSE and have a good time. Since I'm planning to be there and I have some of the club equipment, it's not really putting me out at all to bring it.

If work allows Ill be there in Jan for the launch and Ill bring some GSE to play with

Back