All right, who's goin to the Dec.10 SLRA launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the SLRA website & it doesn't show anything about the 2006 schedule yet.

I'll be there. As soon as the scedule is finalized for next year I'll post it. It should happen at the meeting next Tuesday.

well guys have fun I GOT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :kill:

alright...we need to start a petition for Bow. His boss needs to let him off work so he can fly some rockets.:mad:

-All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy. All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy. All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy.
I just hope he doesn't go crazy like Jack Torrence in the movie!!!
:eek:

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
-All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy. All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy. All work & no play makes Bow a dull boy.
I just hope he doesn't go crazy like Jack Torrence in the movie!!!
:eek:

Well Ill tell ya it dont make me dull. It makes me something else. I put my request in for 3rd shift so if I have to work on a Sat. I will be getting off at 7am on Sat. so I will still be able to come to launches and enjoy myself

Now that really stinks! I posted elsewhere, but you really need to get your boss out to a launch and show him what it's all about.

-Don't they understand Bow? You would be a lot less crabby & productivity would be higher if you got Saturdays off to attend the launches!!!:D

Just to let everyone know...The launch is still a go. As usual a few of us will meet at about 7:30am at Your Place restaurant for breakfast. See you there.

See you guys there. Am planning on bringing my awning and a heater (the same one I'm stuck with in the garage for now).

-A snowcover should make finding any non-white rockets easier!
I'm just afraid that if it gets above freezing that those fields are gonna get real muddy!

I wonder if Mark Grant ever got his "Bunker Buster" back from the duck pond?

Guys . . . it's gonna be muddy. Temps are suppose to be close to 40.

Yeah but it's going to be well below freezing till Saturday so I wouldn't expect it to be too muddy till Saturday afternoon. Hopefully by then I'll be done flying and happily parked at RSO laughing at everyone else getting muddy:p . Probably not though.

No, last I heard Mark didn't retrieve "Son of Bunker Buster". He'll be there Saturday though so you'll get to ask him yourself.

What can I say, cold and windy. But there were some good flights.

There was also some drama surrounding the duck pond. Some "relatives" of the owner confiscated a rocket that made it to the duck pond. It took some persuading but, he eventually got it back. Which led to about a one hour stop, while the launch area was relocated up on levee closer to town.

Hopefully the launch area will stay there for all future launches.

I too sure hope that they continue to set-up on the first road that is closer to the town. This will definitely allow me to launch some higher flying models & still recover them w/o having to pay a ransom.:rolleyes:

Basically the second spot is only advantageous if the wind is from the west. Wind from the east and it shortens the recovery field. North or South winds are neutral.

We try to alter our setup based on wind conditions and to maximize the site for all flyers. We have people who want to fly K,L,M out there. We can't fly those projects from the second spot, it's just too close to town if something goes wrong. If a big rocket comes in hot in town then we'll lose the site for good. That's the reason we always set up closer to the east end of the field even when the wind is out of the west. Now if the wind and neighboring landowners (our new problem) aren't in our favor on a particular day we'll limit the impulse and move the launch site so we can keep flying.

Hopefully though we can work it out with the landowner next door and work something out. If the winds help out hopefully we'll never have to deal with that situation again.

Yea, yea, yea, . . . safety, safety, safety . . .

Bill, I really do hope something can be worked out with the owner. I'd hate to have to limit impluse on this site. I have aspirations - ya know.

Yeah sometimes safety concerns make our lives hell.

I could only see impulse limits being necessary if we can't work out anything with the landowner and the wind is from the west. Otherwise, we don't really have a problem with rockets landing over there.

I hope you know I'm giving you a hard time, :)

Aerospace Safety and Human Factors is what I do, so I know how difficult it is to balance the safety aspects with people's desires.

-So far we've had to battle rugby players & duck hunters, what's next, soccer moms?:rolleyes:

Back