• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: A NEW!!! Roachwerks kit coming soon!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys I posted the same picture in my last posting.

Here's another view...

Jim H.

Here's a picture of my upscale Red Max and Sandman's Little Joe II.

Regards,

Jim H.

Yes, she will fly at our next Lucerne SCRA launch!

Thanks guys...

Jim

Don't forget to check the CG...with all the "stuff" on the bottom it's easy to overbuild there.

There is plenty of room up top for extra weight.

Carefull with chute packing too...I've had some problems...one failure but fixable, with the main chute.

The capsule chute has been flawless...the main chute has been a problem. Ejection seems to wanna blow right past it.

That 4" body tube is just so darn big!

Now...maybe with all 7 motor tube being used!!!;)

Sandman,
Where is your CG on your Little Joe II model? From the tip of the escape tower how far down is your CG?

Regards,

Jim H.

I thought I posted this before...I know it's in the plans somewhere but this should help a lot.

This shows it with all 7 motors loaded too!

The CGshould be ~~about~~ the "I" or the "N" on the UNITED STATES decal.

But that's a bit "overstable. Put a motor in it and check before flight.

The nose cone is pretty heavy for that very reason.

Mainly to be stable with 7 motors But a "D" flys really nice.

If you want to try a bigger chute go right ahead. The 30" Apogee chute should set her down nice and slow.

Thanks Sandman,
After re-reading the instructions I found where you mentioned about the CP and CG. I think I'll take your advise and use a bigger chute as I like to catch my rockets before they hit the ground.

Regards,

Jim H.

I am proud to announce that our own Chan Steveves came in 2nd place in Giant Scale with one of my Little Joe II kits.

Not too shabby for his second year of NARAM competition!

It makes a father proud!:D

You guys should have seen the look on his face yesterday when both chutes deployed after clustering 5 motors in the bottom!

:)

Bill,

Glad you got home OK...your pictures are sooooooo much better than mine!

Way way way! cool!:D

Yeah, I read it. I posted my query to you about 15 seconds later.

Ebay, huh?

Well, good for you. You deserve to get the most you can for them.

I'll keep an eye out.

Romie

Here's a pic of Chan's winning flight on a D12-5 and 4 C6-5's

I was there, and it was awesome. Chan got one good single-motor flight, then he went for the cluster shot for mission points. Everything came off 5 x 5 and it was pretty cool. Definitely fun to see a multi-motor scale flight go off completely according to flight plan.

That's right...I found and made up enough parts for 3 more...these are the LAST ONES!!!

I will try to put them up for auction on Ebay either this Sunday or next Sunday evening.

Whenever my wife gets the parachutes finished.

I don't sell anything on Ebay unless it's completed first!!:rolleyes:

Mine's just about done. Just a couple of fine details and the decals, but I thought I better get a photo out now.

The only mod I made was to make the central a 29mm. Great Kit.....2 thumbs up.:D

Marty, that's beautiful!

Now go over to EMRR and....you know.

very cool ! nice job as usuall Marty ! I have one half way and plan to finish it this winter.

Back