• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Roachwerks 1/12 scale Nike Hercules (signed and in sealed box)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikeMikey

Lost in Space
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At age 72, facing a possible cross-country move, and with several rented storage units full of rocket kits and components, it’s time for me to part with some prized possessions. First up is a Roachwerks limited run 1/12 scale Nike Hercules. This is the 4 by 24mm version, 37” tall.

The Nike Hercules by Roachwerks was a limited production kit that featured a paper tube, balsa nosecone, balsa transition section, and paper 24mm x 4 motor mounts. It was designed to be a single stage kit, but can be modified easily for two stage flight like the big one.

It is new in the sealed box.
Asking $250 plus $25 shipping to the lower 48. PayPal Goods and Services. PM with questions. I’ll post a picture of the box tomorrow.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/roachwerks-nike-hercules-kits-now-available.3583/
NikeMikey

The kit was packed in a 12" by 6" by 6" box. The signed end panel is shown in the pic. The tape has separated in a few places, but the box hasn't been opened. I will pack
RWNH1.jpghe box inside a larger box for additional protection.

RWNH1.jpg

RWNH1.jpghe box inside a larger box for additional protection.RWNH0.jpg

Last edited:
Well that went pretty quick. These are great kits for a challenging build. I just finished the 24mm version. Wouldn’t mind having the 18mm version.

Same person did both the 18 and 24mm versions. Gordon Angelo (spelling?). His kits were all custom turned balsa parts. Boyce Aerospace Hobbies has a 24mm 3D printed Nike-Hercules builders kit.

When my 18-mm kit de-kitted, I inquired with Gordon about getting a replacement balsa transition piece. It was insanely expensive. Something on the order of 3x the entire Boyce kit.
https://boyceaerospacehobbies.com/collections/top-sellers/products/nike-hercules-rocket-builders-kit
HTH,
a

Back