Adept Rocketry altimeters?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWRackers

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience or feedback on Adept Rocketry's altimeters, especially their dual-deployment non-reporting models (DDCS2 and DDCS25)?

Back about 12-15 years ago they were about the only one producing altimeters.
I had several models; ALTS-2 50k, ALTS 25, & the OBC-2 50K. I believe that the only difference with the non-reporting is they just don't give you an altitude when recovered.
They have their niche, but they haven't made many improvements.... leading me to look elsewhere.

People still fly their products & they have a good track record.
I still have 2 ALTS 25's The newest one was on board for my Level 3 flight ( June of 2001)& deployed as expected.
The other one has about 30 flights ( maybe more lost track) & survived a hard crash landing which only left part of the booster & some of the payload section.
It's production date is some time in 1996.

JD

Anybody have any experience or feedback on Adept Rocketry's altimeters, especially their dual-deployment non-reporting models (DDCS2 and DDCS25)?

Last edited:

I have never owned one, but I know several flyers that swear by them.

I'm a Perfect Flite, Ozark and Missile Works kind of guy, and don't forget Xavien timers.

They are a bit outdated, but great units and will work as advertised. I have an ALTS25 that was my most flown and trusted altimeter in my fleet and I probably had 30-40 flights on it upto P impulse. I wouldn't pay their retail prices since now you can get more bang for your buck, but if you can pick up one used, it's still a good investment.

Todd Harrison

Back