3D Printing 3D Scanning Tutorials/Videos/Experiences

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy H.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a Revopoint Pop 2 3D scanner. I went through their tutorial on scanning the included Caeser bust and it went practically flawlessly. As soon as I try something else or change to a different mode on their sample, I get bad results.

I watched a bunch of videos before buying it (both the original Pop and the pre-run Pop 2's) and things seem almost easy with most of what is posted. Very few video's I've found go over the difficulties and even those rarely help you figure out how to get the settings dialed in. For example, one video said 'be very careful setting the gain on the IR cameras. It makes a ton of difference' but no discussion on what to look for etc., is given. So, I've been playing monkey at a piano and try setting one, then setting 2 etc., but that's not overly fulfilling. . .

If anyone here owns and gets good scans with a 3D scanner (IR structured light would be the most direct help, but I'm OK with tips for any style as it might help someone).

Also, if there is a forum that is active and likely already has all the answers that you've found reliable, I'd love to know the name.

Thanks,

Sandy.

Back