3D Printed Public Enemy HoJo Rail Buttons Standoff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arsenal78

Reaction score
Ok so I acquired a 3” Public Enemy Honest John and I’ve building it but I want to put rail buttons on it. The kit is so old that it came with 1/2” copper tubing launch lugs and the placement is one on the side of the nose and one on a fin. I realize I can’t do that with buttons because the nose could spin and bind it on the rail. Does anyone have a 3D printing file for button standoffs I could use to make it more realistic?

Those are moreso designed for his conformal aero rail buttons. I'm looking for regular button standoffs

His profile may have links to other designs that he has made which might fit the bill. Otherwise some dimensions of your rocket are in order to create custom stand offs for rail buttons

I checked his stuff and he doesn't have anything that could work. Tube is 3.1" diameter with the nose cone being 4" diameter. Total rocket length is about 55".

you want a 1/2" stand-off.. (4"-3.1")/2 = .45"

A piece of nylon pipe? A small block, drilled & shaped to clear the #6 (or #4) screw?

I don’t think a pipe would have enough contact and would most likely shear off. I’m flying this on H550’s. I’m not much of a scratch builder or anything either.

That would most definitely work for it

I will refine the parts a bit and print them in a gray PETG this evening. Once I'm happy with them, I will PM you for an address and send them to you.

Gonna put that on thingverse?

Possibly, the design is not quite as refined as I would like, but yes, I will post them when ready. Seeing how they print will be the challenge next, as I need to see if I can get away with the least amount of support possible... no support would be preferred.

My library has a Lulzbot TAZ6 and a Lulzbot Mini and I usually print in ABS and HIPS, though since they don’t have an enclosure, it’s tricky to get really good prints out of them without any sanding. If you have a refined file, I can print them to save you shipping.

Back