18" Body tube Liquiditing auction on E-bay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockethead

Reaction score
We are no longer handling the Brown 18" Estes style body tubes. We have a box of 93 tubes on e-bay right now. You can see the auction at E-bay under our user name of rocketheadrockets

Tom

rockethead,
Maybe you should have passed these out one or two at a time as 'freebies' with orders for other stuff. I think everyone likes to get something for free, and you could create a huge tide of goodwill and repeat business.

I am getting rid of them because I have went to the White tubes and have more parts coming in and need the space.

I am just testing the water right now with this box I have more to get a rid of.

Is there any suggestions that you have for me to get rid of them?

Thank you
Tom

Originally posted by rockethead
Is there any suggestions that you have for me to get rid of them?

I hear that there's a national level launch run by NAR coming up in a few weeks that may be taking donations for a raffle...

WW

If you want to get rid of these tubes in a hurry, you could donate them to NAR for the purpose of distributing them to NAR sections conducting 'make-n-take' sessions (and you could take a tax write-off for the full normal retail value)

If you want to try another auction route, you will have a rather different audience if you post an auction on ROL

If you want to set a fixed price, you could post a note here on TRF

If you want to boost business, you could advertise that you are throwing in one of these old BTs for every $10? $20? of regular merchandise ordered

You could also kill the auction early, then re-auctions the tubes in say sets of 10 or 12, or even 20. That amount is easier to handle then 90 or so!!

Just my measly 2¢

Ph

Originally posted by astronboy
You could also kill the auction early, then re-auctions the tubes in say sets of 10 or 12, or ...

That's my winning bid! You can't cancel NOW!

That tube is a BT80 but I do not have any in the auction. My camra went up so I had to use a old picture. I did put a ad on about that on the auction.

I am not going to end this auction. These will sell to the highest bidder

Tom

man ebay p*sses me off. i was still winning with 10 secs to go, hit refresh one more time to find the auction was over and i lost. i think i'll stick to ROL at least they have sniper guard.

The best way to avoid snipers is to bid the *highest* you are willing to pay.

If you do that and someone snipes in the closing seconds and bids more than you were willing to pay then there really isn't any problem as you wouldn't have out bid him even if you *did* have the time.

or did I miss something?

Actually, the best way to beat snipers is to snipe yourself with the highest amount you're willing to pay *as late as you can*. The earlier you toss that highest amount out there, the higher you're going to drive the final price.

Back