• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

I180W- RMS-EZ

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugachu

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The RMS-EZ bits came out when I was a bit inactive with the hobby (young kids, busy job, etc.). I see some mention about reliability issues that got fixed.

I really like the thrust curve of the I180W for the 38/360 case for a heavyish rocket that I don't want to go very high (small local field). This load still looks to be in production, and in stock at several vendors, plus it is non-haz shipping, which is a big plus.

Other than needing the 38mm RAS forward closure, is there anything special that I should know about before getting a few of these? I tried searching the forums, but didn't find much that is recent.

Thanks!

Thanks, after doing a little more digging, it looks like the I180W is currently a RMS-Plus, or standard RMS reload. I didn't see any documentation or drawings for the I180 specifically on the RCS website, and I must have seen an old data sheet on a vendor site which called it a RMS-EZ.

Yep, it's a nice standard rms+ reload. Hopefully they will make more hazmat free reloads available.

Don't fly the EZ reloads. Shortly after I flew an I-284 RMS-EZ that failed, they were pulled off the market. The pre-made delay subassemblies were prone to failure, causing ejection while under thrust.

Don't fly the EZ reloads. Shortly after I flew an I-284 RMS-EZ that failed, they were pulled off the market. The pre-made delay subassemblies were prone to failure, causing ejection while under thrust.
I'm not familiar with the EZ loads, so perhaps this is an ignorant question, but if they correspond to the current I-284, could they be flown successfully in a 38/600 case with a plugged closure?

Back