Where to post spreadsheets for body tube and centering ring dimensions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augendoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As a result of years of frustration trying to find body tubes and centering rings for scale and upsize/downsize work, i finally created two spreadsheets: one for body tubes and the other for centering rings.

The body tube spreadsheet lists body tubes from 1/8” launch lug stock up to 11 inches, from every rocket vendor I could find, with columns for name/part number; OD, ID, and wall thickness in inches and millimeters; vendor name; website link; material (paper, Bluetube, quantum, phenolic, fiberglass, carbon, clear plastic, etc.); and comments like “thinwall, heavy duty, foil-lined, coupler, telescopes over X”, etc. The tubes are by diameter, not length. There are already lists of body tube lengths for at least Estes and Centuri. I figure any good modeler worth their salt should be able to cut a tube down to needed size.

The centering ring spreadsheet is similar, but includes what tubes the rings are supposed to fit inside or around, in addition to OD, ID, ring width, and thickness in inches and metric. I still have some cleanup to do on this one, though.

The spreadsheets are sorted by OD but can be sorted by any header one wants.

Would these be of any use to the rocket community and, if so, where should I post them? And in what format: Excel or PDF?

Excel would be best so it can be edited in the future. Is it all tubes or just low power tubes?

I tried to get everything on this spreadsheet. Certainly all the LPR and MPR stuff. The HPR is as complete as I could find, but there may be some specialty tube makers out there I don't know about. I have all the Aerotech, Always Ready, Giant Leap, LOC, Mac Performance, Mad Cow, Performance, and Wildman tubes. The two biggest tubes are an 11.66" PML phenolic and a 16.5" cardboard tube from Performance Hobbies. Smallest is a 0.246" cardboard tube, aka BT-1+ from eRockets or T-2 from BMS.

Although I have included links to most of the vendor pages, I'm thinking that part is going to go obsolete and "404-Not Found" pretty fast.

Attached is the current version of my body tube diameter chart, sorted by OD. As it's a live spreadsheet you can sort on any criteria, though. I just added Mach1 Rocketry's fiberglass airframes, motor mounts and couplers. I hope Forum users find this useful.

Attachments

• Body Tube dimension spreadsheet.xlsx
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
Perhaps you could make it a google sheet, and share it for viewing only? That way everyone can see updates without you having to redistribute or them having to redownload the whole spreadsheet.

Attached is the current version of my body tube diameter chart, sorted by OD. As it's a live spreadsheet you can sort on any criteria, though. I just added Mach1 Rocketry's fiberglass airframes, motor mounts and couplers. I hope Forum users find this useful.
Thank you thank you thank you! I thank you! My mother thanks you, my mother's mother's mother thanks you! This is SO helpful and much appreciated. Have I said thank you yet?

Thank you for researching, building, and sharing this!
I suspect it get a lot of use.

Latest posts

Back