• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1/2" Flat kevlar Mule tape by Neptco

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had problems yesterday and today. Can add items to cart, but can't go to cart or to checkout.

ETA: Was finally able to thread the needle of clearing cookies and minimum number of steps, avoiding problematic items in my cart, etc., and get an order placed.

Last edited:
We are over 2/3rds done sending this out. Anyone with an amount over 200 ft. - the end should be at the top of the box, label side up. This is fed into the box off the spool and you should unbox from this end piece. If you dump the box out you will have a mess.
Great idea... I grabbed the "free end" and spooled it onto a empty wire spool. Based on average diameter and the Turns Counter on our winder... I think I got at least 1.5x the amount I ordered.

THANKS CHRIS.
20240111_160842.jpg

I did just get mine also. I have never used the flat before, always tubular. Are you guys using it the exact same way? Sewn loops on the ends and such? Thanks.

I just use knots. I've broke my share of shock cords..but never at a knot.

Tony
This. My 2.6" Madcow FG Screech has 15 flights on it with the 1/2" mule tape and no damage thus far. Knock on wood.

...and if you follow Chris's advice..it can be put on a spool with no knots or tangles l...

Great idea... I grabbed the "free end" and spooled it onto a empty wire spool. Based on average diameter and the Turns Counter on our winder... I think I got at least 1.5x the amount I ordered.

Chris packed it nicely, so I took the lazy way out...

IMG_0787.JPG

Incredibly quick shipping. I received my order yesterday!
My order shipped quickly, but seems to be stuck in GA for a week now. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but only left GA last night by pack mule. Not Chris' fault. Not in a rush, so I can wait for the mule to wonder up here to NJ. If anyone sees him lolly gagging along I-95, give him a carrot.😏

My order shipped quickly, but seems to be stuck in GA for a week now. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but only left GA last night by pack mule. Not Chris' fault. Not in a rush, so I can wait for the mule to wonder up here to NJ. If anyone sees him lolly gagging along I-95, give him a carrot.😏

Mine has also been stuck in Oxford, GA for three days now. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday. The local USPS system here is also a POS. I won't be surprised if mine doesn't actually ever get here.

I had another package get stuck in the local system for two weeks in early December. What finally got delivered was the shipping label cut out of the box and put in an envelope with a window so it could be scanned.

Mine has also been stuck in Oxford, GA for three days now. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday. The local USPS system here is also a POS. I won't be surprised if mine doesn't actually ever get here.

I had another package get stuck in the local system for two weeks in early December. What finally got delivered was the shipping label cut out of the box and put in an envelope with a window so it could be scanned.
That's about 3 miles from where I live. Why'd it go through Oxford? Chris is in Pine Mountain, on the other side of the state.

Out of boredom and curiosity, I found out the hard way that not even half of a 1k foot length will fit on a Bambu 3D Filament Spool. Granted about half the way through, I stopped keeping tension on it so that is probably my undoing.

So now, do I cut and get another spool? Or hunt down a wire spool? Or just put it all back in the box... Hum..

Mule train update: My order just arrived this afternoon!

For those keeping track, I put in my small order (some kevlar and igniters) on Jan 4th. Shipped same day. It then spent 3 days in Oxford, GA, then went to Atlanta for 6 glorious days! (I hear the aquarium is nice) That was exhausting, so back to Oxford for 2 more days of rest. Then, finally sick of GA, the "Little box that could" departed GA. Once that emotional hurdle was crossed, it was only 1 day to get to NJ, and only 1 more day to get to my door. 15 days total transit time! That USPS moves with the speed of... molasses in January.

Now I've heard that things can move slow in the South, but I think some other game was afoot!

Anyway, if anyone was looking out for the mule along I-95, you may stand down. He made it, despite today's snow.

PS: just to be clear - none of the above was Chris' fault. He did his part, and then some!

tracking.jpg

I got my order some time ago, thanks Chris. But my question is, never having only used tubular before, What weight rocket are you guys using this in?

They say it's rated for 2500lbs, my concern if used on a fiberglass project the edge of the booster and the like cutting it.

I am using it to make leaders for my tubular nylon harness. I have a MC Frenzy XL (4" cardboard kit) using this. It weighs in at 11lbs with a 54mm K motor.

I would feel comfortable for 20+ lb project. I use a sewing awl to stitch loops.

They say it's rated for 2500lbs, my concern if used on a fiberglass project the edge of the booster and the like cutting it.

I am using it to make leaders for my tubular nylon harness. I have a MC Frenzy XL (4" cardboard kit) using this. It weighs in at 11lbs with a 54mm K motor.

I would feel comfortable for 20+ lb project. I use a sewing awl to stitch loops.

To protect against this, I have several 4" nomex chute protectors from Jackie (Wildmans) that I wrap around the kevlar shock cord and sew into place with a few stitches (zip tie works as well) at the point where it meets the edge of the airframe.

The idea being that the nomex (also rather abrasion resistant) is the sacrificial layer between the FG airframe edge and the kevlar cord. This has worked really well, its ultra cheap, and is easy to implement. I have yet to rub through even a single blanket. I use this especially to protect the 1" kevlar webbing that is permenantly attached to the MMT on my Wildman rockets and ones with a similar attachment. The little 4" kevlar blanket square is sewn in place around the 1" webbing to protect it.

https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/nomex/products/fcp4x4

Back