Wile E. Coyote's ACME Rocket...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Silverleaf
As an afterthought, IF you'd like to make Wile a bit stronger for the flight up on the outside of the ACME rocket, laminating him wouldn't be a bad idea.
I didn't laminate Wile, just glued him to the airframe with his hands. He was printed on
65# cardstock and I used Elmers white glue to hold the folded two halfs.

I fully expected his arms to be ripped from the sockets, but he remained in place for the
whole flight!

Excellent news Brian !

Glad to hear the rocket flew well for you - even wth the small snafu on the fin, and am relieved to hear your idea of glueing him to the airframe worked well. 8)

Wish I could have seen him fly firsthand, but am glad the launch and "help" sign added to the enjoyment of the flight for all present.

Cheers and thanks for the post flight info,

Originally posted by brianc
Not just you, it seems Tripod is inserting some javascript advertising into the XML.... :(

I can't open the file... can you provide a work-around, or access to a clean version of the RKT file?

Hey Balsa Bob, did you download the .rkt file from Silverleaf's Wile E. Coyote web site? I found that one worked fine, but the link previously posted in this thread didn't. I'm running RocSim 7 and it openned fine.

Originally posted by Balsa Bob
I can't open the file... can you provide a work-around, or access to a clean version of the RKT file?
Download <a href="https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/HTMLobj-542/Wile.rkt">the RKT file</a> from silverleaf's tripod page, then open it with a text editor
(Notepad, Word, OpenOffice,vi,emacs, etc) and remove the injected javascript.
It's pretty easy to spot, it looks like this
PHP:
<!-- ********************************************************** -->
<!-- * START TRIPOD AD CODE - PLEASE REMOVE WHEN EDITING PAGE * -->
<!-- ********************************************************** -->

<!-- revision: inline - $Change: 85056 $ -->

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.1"

<!-- END: Catman Footer -->

<!-- revision: ubiquitous - $Change: 85056 $ -->

<!-- ******************************************************** -->
<!-- * END TRIPOD AD CODE - PLEASE REMOVE WHEN EDITING PAGE * -->
<!-- ******************************************************** -->
After saving the edited file, you should be able to open it in RockSIM...

HTH!

Also the 3rd Wile.rkt link posted by silverleaf on 10-02-2005 11:47 PM in this thread is a rocsim 7 file that works without having to correct it. Just click on the link.

Got it... file behaves fine now. Thanks for the help - I loved all those Mel Blanc characters growing up, but the antics of Wile E. and the Roadrunner were my favorites.

You know, this rocket is just begging for Fliskits to put it into production!

Come on Jim, after the "Farside" A.C.M.E., this would be a great follow-up?!

Originally posted by akpilot
You know, this rocket is just begging for Fliskits to put it into production!

Come on Jim, after the "Farside" A.C.M.E., this would be a great follow-up?!

LOL yep, it is a kewl rocket :) two problems however are that Wile E. Coyote is protected *and* we have kit releases already planned out beyond 2008 at this point... :p

Seeing silverleaf's rocket gave me a use for this. It's been collecting dust for I don't know how many years, but an upscale of this design seems to be in order.

Originally posted by airwolfe1
Seeing silverleaf's rocket gave me a use for this. It's been collecting dust for I don't know how many years, but an upscale of this design seems to be in order.
I've got the same Wile E. Coyote...

CoyoteAndRoadrunner.jpg

... and I've got plans (BWAHAHAHAHA!) for him at Southern Thunder 2007.

I have been wanting to download the RocSim file for some time
but keep having problems with the browsers. Both Netscape and
IE6 keep crashing everytime I visit your web sites.

Could you or someone e-mail me a copy of the RocSim file.
I would appreciated it. [email protected]

Thanks,

William

Back