Where to get general OpenRocket or Rocksim files?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy K

Reaction score
Are there sites where there is a library of OpenRocket or Rocksim files for currently available kits from various manufactures you can download? I’m looking for some files for some Estes and Loc kits.
I noticed for Loc, you can email them to request a RS file, but I’m assuming there are easier ways.

Thanks for the link. Found what I needed as a Rocksim file, which works for my older version of Rocksim.
Was hoping to find an OpenRocket file for a LOC Minie Magg, as I have mainly been using OpenRocket lately, but I see OpenRocket files are quite limited.

Just learned something new... Thanks.
I'll try that out this evening when I get home form work.

Most of the files online are Rocksim files. I've never had a problem opening any Rocksim file in Open Rocket.

And, for OpenRocket files:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/openrocket-design-library.html

Unlike RockSim files, OpenReocket design files don't have much meta-data in them to describe the rocket that is modeled in the file. So, I have to manually update the links between the design files and the rest of RocketReviews.com. That's why most of the designs are listed under the "-Unknown-" manufacturer. When I get the chance, I'd like to work with the OpenRocket developers to define additional types of meta-data that can be stored in the files.

-- Roger

Last edited:
And, for OpenRocket files:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/openrocket-design-library.html

Unlike RockSim files, OpenReocket design files don't have much meta-data in them to describe the rocket that is modeled in the file. So, I have to manually update the links between the design files and the rest of RocketReviews.com. That's why most of the designs are listed under the "-Unknown-" manufacturer. When I get the chance, I'd like to work with the OpenRocket developers to define additional types of meta-data that can be stored in the files.

-- Roger

Roger
You should subscribe to the OpenRocket development mailing list
Boris

Roger
You should subscribe to the OpenRocket development mailing list
Boris

I thought I did subscribe to the list a while back. but I may have just thought about doing it and did not actually do it. I have download the source for OpenRocket and played around with it a little. I use a modified version to create the image files displayed on RocketReviews.com.

In any case, I will subscribe to the list.

Thanks.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Back