• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Where to get general OpenRocket or Rocksim files?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy K

Reaction score
Are there sites where there is a library of OpenRocket or Rocksim files for currently available kits from various manufactures you can download? I’m looking for some files for some Estes and Loc kits.
I noticed for Loc, you can email them to request a RS file, but I’m assuming there are easier ways.

Thanks for the link. Found what I needed as a Rocksim file, which works for my older version of Rocksim.
Was hoping to find an OpenRocket file for a LOC Minie Magg, as I have mainly been using OpenRocket lately, but I see OpenRocket files are quite limited.

Just learned something new... Thanks.
I'll try that out this evening when I get home form work.

Most of the files online are Rocksim files. I've never had a problem opening any Rocksim file in Open Rocket.

And, for OpenRocket files:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/openrocket-design-library.html

Unlike RockSim files, OpenReocket design files don't have much meta-data in them to describe the rocket that is modeled in the file. So, I have to manually update the links between the design files and the rest of RocketReviews.com. That's why most of the designs are listed under the "-Unknown-" manufacturer. When I get the chance, I'd like to work with the OpenRocket developers to define additional types of meta-data that can be stored in the files.

-- Roger

Last edited:
And, for OpenRocket files:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/openrocket-design-library.html

Unlike RockSim files, OpenReocket design files don't have much meta-data in them to describe the rocket that is modeled in the file. So, I have to manually update the links between the design files and the rest of RocketReviews.com. That's why most of the designs are listed under the "-Unknown-" manufacturer. When I get the chance, I'd like to work with the OpenRocket developers to define additional types of meta-data that can be stored in the files.

-- Roger

Roger
You should subscribe to the OpenRocket development mailing list
Boris

Roger
You should subscribe to the OpenRocket development mailing list
Boris

I thought I did subscribe to the list a while back. but I may have just thought about doing it and did not actually do it. I have download the source for OpenRocket and played around with it a little. I use a modified version to create the image files displayed on RocketReviews.com.

In any case, I will subscribe to the list.

Thanks.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Back