What are you reading?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading The Final Witness - A Secret Service Agent Breaks His Silence After 60 Years, by Paul Landis.

I remember I was in an 8th grade classroom when we were told the news that the President was shot dead in Dallas. I remember crying. The teachers and kids were quite disturbed. Ever since, I have followed the various government investigations and the books and movies that subsequently came out. There are still over 4000 documents, some one line or one page, others much longer, that remain classified. Many folks have thought the case finally closed, lacking any important new evidence. But that may have changed with the revelations of Agent Landis.

The key revelation is that Landis was the person who found the near-pristine bullet in the back seat of the presidential limousine which was later found in the gurney which carried the President's body.

It has been formerly thought that the first shot, which passed through the President's back and neck, then wounded Governor Connolly and came to be known as the single bullet theory, or "Magic Bullet". If Landis is correct, the single bullet theory is debunked.

I recently started Adam Kinzinger's "Renegade ,,," I am a few of chapters in. I have been seeing him in a lot of interviews lately, as the book just came out last week. I just finished Miles Taylor's book, "Blowback ..." So far, both books have predictable messaging, similar but different. They are both on the same or parallel paths. Both talk of what they saw and know. They reacted similarly, and feel as though they have important messages for the American Public. Democracy is at stake. I agree. This is the one time I will make any political comments. As this is a "What are you reading" thread, these are what I am reading .

Carlos McCauley/c0c0m0ke

Well, the perspective of a convert turned out to be a little too interesting, as I stayed up way too late the past couple of nights blowing through "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus."

Next up on the docket:

1700218671183.jpeg

I'm reading The Final Witness - A Secret Service Agent Breaks His Silence After 60 Years, by Paul Landis.

I remember I was in an 8th grade classroom when we were told the news that the President was shot dead in Dallas. I remember crying. The teachers and kids were quite disturbed. Ever since, I have followed the various government investigations and the books and movies that subsequently came out. There are still over 4000 documents, some one line or one page, others much longer, that remain classified. Many folks have thought the case finally closed, lacking any important new evidence. But that may have changed with the revelations of Agent Landis.

The key revelation is that Landis was the person who found the near-pristine bullet in the back seat of the presidential limousine which was later found in the gurney which carried the President's body.

It has been formerly thought that the first shot, which passed through the President's back and neck, then wounded Governor Connolly and came to be known as the single bullet theory, or "Magic Bullet". If Landis is correct, the single bullet theory is debunked.
For a fun read, Stephen Hunter's "The Third Bullet".

Not if you read the book and follow the critical thinking behind it. One of the big problems humans have is being able to comprehend changes over millions or billions of years.

Stephen Jay Gould is another brilliant evolution author. Just re-reading ‘Hens Teeth and Horses Toes’.

The Mysterious Case or Rudolf Diesel. The interesting story of the inventor of the diesel engine. Strange things happened to him leading up to WWI where he disappeared. Good book so far!
1703660811939.jpeg

I'm trying, again, to read this but the Smithsonian who published it have just like they did with the First Edition shown the world that the Smithsonian are most certainly NOT among the smartest people on the planet - what Einstein among them decided such patterned paper was the choice of genius? :questions:
The blue pattern is rather more intense than it appears on camera and with the fine-lined font makes those pages most difficult to read.
The papers alternate between blue, grey, cream.

(book cover shows where I've gone around its edges with book tape to slow down it getting chewed up by being carried around here there and everywhere)

IMG_6148.JPG

IMG_6150.JPG

I had to put down "Vengeance", about 3/4s of the way through... was kinda getting depressing, that and whatever cold/flu/Covid I was fighting didn't help.
Turned to Mr. Wakeman for a "cheer-up"... seems to be working.

1705110291266.jpeg

Back