Walmart Paint & Painter's Touch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gym_Class_Hero

Reaction score
What is the compatibility of Walmart paint and Painters Touch? Both Painters Touch over Walmart paint, and Walmart paint over Painter's Touch.:)

Should be fine...I just(couple days ago) put a top coat of Walmart paint over Painters Touch primer with no ill effects..Don't know about the other way around tho of Painters Touch over WM paint..Should, possibly, maybe be okay..WM over PT is fine-at least over primer..

Since this thread has to do with walmart paint...

I stopped using the walmart 'color place' paint some time ago. I didn't like the way it covered. What makes that paint so different than krylon or duplicolor? Is it the amount of solids in the mixture? Or is it a totally different type of paint?

I'll Amen to that. I used Walmart Color Place "Fire Red" for my ALARM. Nice color, lousy coverage.

I've been using their clear coat on the cardstock stuff. It doesn't leave half the finish Krylon or Rustoleum does. Sure it'll protect the model but it is just not near as nice of finish even when sanding between coats. But, it's $1.29 a can so there is something to be said to that.

Krylon is a laquor based paint. Laquor tends to have better coverage than most others. At least thats what the guy at Woodcraft told me.

Back