NEVER use Blue Painters Tape on a cardboard tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any supporting explanation? Anonymous? Didn’t read the instructions, perhaps?

I’ve used probaby 50 cans of the 3M bondo primer in the last 10 years, never had a problem. Gotta read the instructions, shake well, use within temperature limits, spray upright, proper distance & motion, etc. I get it at a local Ace HW, but not all locations carry it. The Dupli-Color FP101 I’ve found only at auto parts stores, and does go on a bit thicker, but still sands well.
They're just normal reviews, supporting explanation is just people say the nozzles either spit or get clogged up when they use them. People use their fist name,s last initials for internet reviews so yes, you can say anonymous. Instructions, you're kidding.....

Removing the tape from an airframe tube, the adhesive on blue painters tape pulled the coating/outer layer off, thus leaving me with a monumental job of getting it smooth again 🤬 :facepalm:
You were holding your tongue wrong, Blue tape is the only thing I use and never had any issues!!!

Laying the tape on a glass surface can remove some of the tack.
I bought some of the Frog tape brand that was labeled for delicate surfaces and it is perfect, as it has just enough grip 2 latch on to a rocket, no surface damage, highly recommended.

Back