SS Christmas in July 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should be getting something soon. Santa is getting ready to make a special trip over there making sure he get something :)

Papa Elf

He will be happy to know that Santa thought he was a good boy after all. ^_^

This was all my fault. And I am so very sorry for it.

When I signed up for the SS, I was on unemployment, but getting more than enough. But then it ended. Abruptly. Because the extension never passed.

We had to go into the worst hellhole imaginable. Applying for state assistance. Just to be able to eat. And for a while, there were days we didn't eat. We actually lost our internet, phone, and TV for a while there.

But we're climbing out of the hole little by little.

I WILL be making this up. I just need another 2 weeks to do so. I'll make sure it gets sent out.

I feel so ashamed I'm even in this predicament.

Hey Mystical,
I'm in the same situation and worse, waiting for next extension to come through (hope it does) in mean time have to go apply for state assistance too. My kidneys failed three months ago so I can't work, waiting for disability to decide my futute, heard today will be a couple of months yet, have to see a state doc in August for his opinion....hang in there and do what you have to, I've been working since I was 11 and first I've ever needed assistance until now but I have family to feed ....
:(

Hey Mystical,
I'm in the same situation and worse, waiting for next extension to come through (hope it does) in mean time have to go apply for state assistance too. My kidneys failed three months ago so I can't work, waiting for disability to decide my futute, heard today will be a couple of months yet, have to see a state doc in August for his opinion....hang in there and do what you have to, I've been working since I was 11 and first I've ever needed assistance until now but I have family to feed ....
:(

Thanks Spaceclipper.

I think we're going to be ok. I have a wonderful landlord, and the food stamps have helped alot. Medical and cash hasn't come through yet, but that's just a matter of when, not if. Thankfully, our expenses are low.

Once the medical comes in, I can see a doctor about my back and maybe wind up on disability myself. or at least some pain pills.

This was all my fault. And I am so very sorry for it.

When I signed up for the SS, I was on unemployment, but getting more than enough. But then it ended. Abruptly. Because the extension never passed.

We had to go into the worst hellhole imaginable. Applying for state assistance. Just to be able to eat. And for a while, there were days we didn't eat. We actually lost our internet, phone, and TV for a while there.

But we're climbing out of the hole little by little.

I WILL be making this up. I just need another 2 weeks to do so. I'll make sure it gets sent out.

I feel so ashamed I'm even in this predicament.

I can understand that, i'm on unemployment myself, and my fiance's work hours have been cut in half. I hope this recession ends soon, i'm going out of my mind not working. Building rockets gives me something to do, but i can't afford the parts most of the time.

Jeremy

I'm a 99'er. Which means no extension in the pipeline.

I suspect that they'll do a Tier 5 extension like right before or right after the elections. Congress tends to do that so people have money to pay for heat during the winter.

Last edited:
Back