Songs that make you cry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youtube is not working for me... again

Foggy Dew - Sinead O’Connor
Hazard - Richard Marx
The Highwayman - Loreena McKennitt

In A Lonely Place
Joy Division - in a lonely place
New Order Version

Another Day
Peter Gabriel - Kate Bush (watch the video too)
Other Versions...
Roy Harper Original
Elizabeth Frazier her voice is amazing

Into Dust
Mazzy Star https://youtu.be/04J0ihSeIuI

Two mentioned here that can sometimes do it. The Band Played Waltzing Mathilda, and Tecumseh Valley (the Nanci Griffith and Arlo Guthrie duet is how I knew it first).

For me, sometimes Plane Wreck at Los Gatos (Deportee) (Arlo again, covering his father), Mothers, Daughters, Wives (a Judy Small song I first heard by Ronni Gilbert; she tears up too I think), The Shortest Story by Harry Chapin.

Sometimes when I hear it and every time I try to sing it: The Bravest by Tom Paxton. (Right now a little, while I'm thinking about it.)

Jim Varney - Gee I'm Glad it's Raining (from Earnest Goes to Camp)

Oh, and another one that sometimes get me:

James Keelaghan, who wrote that song, had the same agent as Richard Shindell, who sings lead in this cover. When Kelaghan was in their agent's office, the agent gave him a copy of the Cry, Cry, Cry CD. Keelaghan played the disc in his car, and when he heard their rendition of his song, he was crying so hard he had to pull over right on the New Jersey Turnpike. I think that when a cover can make the song writer cry (in a good way) that has to be considered the definitive version.

How about "Never hit your grandma with a great big stick?" ... "Naw Dud, that un makes me cry!"

This one is a bit heavier than most others in this thread. The song and video go hand and hand with the topic of a loved one suffering from dementia.

Big Girls Dont Cry by Fergie....look, Im a rock n roll guy thru and thru...but for some reason that song gets me...oh and Just Like That by Bonnie Rait..get your kleenex out for that one

Big Girls Dont Cry by Fergie....look, Im a rock n roll guy thru and thru...but for some reason that song gets me...oh and Just Like That by Bonnie Rait..get your kleenex out for that one

I can't talk right now, and there is too much dust in the air to see. Yeah, that must be it.
I've listened to every post, other than the ones I have posted myself, I haven't shed many tears. This one rips my heart out. No pun intended.

How about Sinead Oconnor singing "Nothing Compares to You" (written by Prince).

American Pie.
Sitting here eating lunch and it’s playing on the radio.
I became a bit Verklempt

Back