Songs that make you cry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an old softie ... there are a lot of them.
  • Silent Night, in a dark church on Christmas Eve in candlelight
  • Drops of Jupiter (Train)
  • Goodnight Elisabeth (Counting Crows)
  • I Don't Want to Wait (Paula Cole)
  • Coyotes (Don Edwards)
Etc.

The Star Spangled Banner sung by Chris Stapleton yesterday was an unbelievable heart felt rendition.
Look it up on YouTube (YouTube won't let me post nfl videos) and after watching it, read the reviewers responses and some are even from other countries.

There are some. One that is almost guaranteed is "These Alone Are Enough" by Dan Schutte.

When we do this one at church I take the oboe part and play it on tenor recorder. We've done it for several funerals, including the one for my Mom, but it tears me up almost every time, regardless of the context.

There are so many now that hit me SO hard...A little background...I was married for 25 years, but was ready to leave after about 4 months (but didn't want to be that guy). I hear certain songs now, and they hit me square in the chest as it feels almost like they were written about me and what I went through for so long, and what I went through and how much I put up with. One of them is "Bleeding Me" by Metallica. The main one lately is this one:

I don't actually know the artist or song title. . . lame.

It was a country sounding song, sung by someone like Cash and the refrain was something like 'If I could only be like him'. I googled and found a bunch of songs that were gospel and not the song, but whatever time I heard that song it was a spear through my heart, as it pretty much encapsulated how much of a failure I've been vs. the guidance my dad gave me.

My wife was at the store when the song came up and got home while I was listening to it. She pretty much panicked thinking someone died (or similar) as she never saw me cry that hard. After I tried to explain the emotion, she said I shouldn't ever listen to that song again. I haven't and don't remember it enough to even find it now, but it was a hugely emotional moment for me.

Music is one of the most important parts of human existence, IMO.

Sandy.

Happy Birthday - when they are singing to me. All it does is remind me how old I am.

i get sad listening to music from some artists that died. happened with Tom Petty, Neil Peart(Rush) and others including Cranberries

Every time I hear this song a teardrop forms in the corner of my eye and rolls down my cheek
That is Sir Elton John on the Keyboard in the video

I miss you little brother ! 🥲

A teardrop is like life ,
It forms quickly.
Stays around for a short time.
Drops away and is gone forever !

race car.JPG

Last edited:
Back