Sneeze Attacks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I think sneezes are quite similar, neurologically, with the other 'gasm. I enjoy a good sneeze as long as it doesn't happen while I'm making a turn in my car.

I sneeze fairly often due to allergies, but during ragweed season I can get a sneezing fit that leaves me dizzy. I usually sneeze 14 times in a row when I get a fit (yep, I started counting - odd that I regularly do 14).

The whole enchilada experience of a snart followed immediately by a hicca-burp can really just make my day.

I've heard this too, that sneezes are similar to orgasms in their physiological mechanisms. But you never hear about anyone having orgasm attacks. Can you imagine being in the checkout line at the supermarket, you catch a glimpse of cleavage out of the corner of your eye on the cover of Cosmo, then have 14 spontaneous orgasms in a row right there? Awkward...

I've heard this too, that sneezes are similar to orgasms in their physiological mechanisms. But you never hear about anyone having orgasm attacks. Can you imagine being in the checkout line at the supermarket, you catch a glimpse of cleavage out of the corner of your eye on the cover of Cosmo, then have 14 spontaneous orgasms in a row right there? Awkward...

Good point Barbarian! I have difficulty imagining such an experience. : )

I wish there was an explanation as to the reason for these sneeze and allergy attacks. For me the weird thing is, the stuffy nose clears up AS SOON as I do anything physical, even a brief walk will do it. But as soon as I slow down, stop, rest, the stuffy nose comes right back. I've taken so many over the counter meds but they work about as well as sugar pills... I think most doctors don't even have a clue either.

OH GAWD! Here I go again. Fortunately it was a shortie this time. It's enough that this time of year, that I get my share of "nasal concrete", that needs hourly attention, My nose seems to go to hell in Winter months more now than it does in the Spring. Wassup with that!?

I just got over one heck of a viral illness. Rash like Chicken Pox, fever, and cold like symptoms for a week. Heck, I missed a day of work. That is unheard of.

OH GAWD! Here I go again. Fortunately it was a shortie this time. It's enough that this time of year, that I get my share of "nasal concrete", that needs hourly attention, My nose seems to go to hell in Winter months more now than it does in the Spring. Wassup with that!?

Dry air. Indoor air in winter time has less absolute moisture than other times, especially if you have a gas-fired central heating unit. Plain saline nasal spray (no drugs) helps. Guifenesin helps, too, and has little side effects. You need to drink a lot of water if you take it. It works by putting more water into the mucus, thinning it. Taking too much can lead to nausea from your stomach filling with snot, best to avoid.

I just got over one heck of a viral illness. Rash like Chicken Pox, fever, and cold like symptoms for a week. Heck, I missed a day of work. That is unheard of.

Gee Chuck. Any idea what that could have been? I had a near miss encountering the "Super Bug", that you may have heard about on World News this weekend. Unbeknownst to anyone till now, I landed in the ER at CMC here in town about two weeks ago, and now that same hospital has had 3 infected people there. Not sure of the time frame, but that's a bit close.

Dry air. Indoor air in winter time has less absolute moisture than other times, especially if you have a gas-fired central heating unit. Plain saline nasal spray (no drugs) helps. Guifenesin helps, too, and has little side effects. You need to drink a lot of water if you take it. It works by putting more water into the mucus, thinning it. Taking too much can lead to nausea from your stomach filling with snot, best to avoid.

As a rule, I drink only water throughout the day. Not including the morning juices and such. My heat is electric, so most of the time, my head is somewhat dried out. It keeps the humidity on the low side. For what it's worth, I try to avoid any and all OTC remedies. I just know from experience, that most of them don't work for me. Plus, I don't like ingesting all those chemicals. If it were an everyday issue, I might consult a physician, or what not. But it's usually a random and temporary issue. I still believe these 100 year old houses are to blame for some of my coughing issues. I live in one of those old houses.

The steroid sprays like Nasacort has worked like magic for me. All other OTC remedies dont work at all... I even wonder if they are placebo.

Back