Tell me something about yourself that is Amazing, Unbelievable, Surprising or Odd. =)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triggered a prompt critical nuclear chain reaction....
Well, I never got THAT far but I did go down in the science building's basement at least half a dozen times almost every semester for some years, to irradiate silver quarters with neutrons from plutonium. Probably caught a few n's myself. Lead undershorts recommended.;)

True story (my life is rarely normal).

I was once REALLY fed up with all the lying backstabbers at a new position and a new department (I was so naive!).

Before leaving for work, I went to my backyard and said "Guardian Angel, if you're there, PLEASE do something QUICK because I don't know how much more of this I can take." (The only time I've ever done this.)

That very morning at work, an old boss called me out of the blue and said that she had started a new group and would love me to join it. I had a new awesome job (with great former colleagues) that very afternoon!

Last edited:
I had the first ever Rip Off Press comic book not to go to press because of lack of orders. Thank you ever so much Heroes World!

Also towed a Studebaker over the Grand Tetons....

True story (my life is rarely normal).

I was once REALLY fed up with all the lying backstabbers at a new position and a new department (I was so naive!).

Before leaving for work, I went to my backyard and said "Guardian Angel, if you're there, PLEASE do something QUICK because I don't know how much more of this I can take."

That very morning at work, an old boss called me out of the blue and said that she had started a new group and would love me to join it. I had a new awesome job (with great former colleagues) that very afternoon!
That's called a coincidence.

That's called a coincidence.
I once correctly guessed a coin flip more than 20 times. My friend got too spooked, so we stopped.
Very coincidental!

Edit add: I also predicted the last two major market crashes/recessions. I protected my investments; however, I could never time the recovery well.

Last edited:
Shanna was a very attractive and highly intelligent sophomore in college, enrolled in a junior-level chemistry class. One day she came to her professor for advice. Seems that she'd won a prize of sorts, if she chose to accept it. If she did she'd have to step out of college for a year.

Shanna's ambition was to become a doctor. She was stressing heavily, very concerned that taking off a year might adversely affect her chances of getting into med school.

Her professor reassured her. "There will be about 400 applicants to med school with 400 resumes. Most of them will say 'GPA 3.8' (or better). A lot will say 'ACT 35' or similar. Some will have won important awards and scholarships, and will have interesting, relevant extracurricular activities.

But there is only one person in the whole world who will be able to include 'Miss Kentucky 1999' in their CV.

Those reviewers are mostly men.... who are mostly human. And they will most definitely react to 'Miss Kentucky'.;) Add that to your 3.9 GPA and your chemistry major.

So...take off a year, come back later to finish up, and go be a doctor."

Shanna is now a cardiologist/primary care MD. And is still absolutely stunning. :)

<begin Paul Harvey voice>
And now...THE REST...of the Story!

How did Shanna get the opportunity to become Miss Kentucky 1999? Turns out that she was first runner up in the pageant, a point or two behind Heather Renee French. Ms. French went on to become Miss America 2000. To accept that crown meant that she had to hand over the Miss Kentucky crown.

Had those few points in the Miss Kentucky pageant gone the other way, I might have taught Miss America 2000 in my analytical chemistry class.:)

OK.. I'll play...I've been on T.V. (Alley McBeal), I had my own internet radio show and as a result got to interview Ricky Phillips of Styx and meet him and J.Y. I have also met the drummer Todd Sucherman on another occasion. Great guy. I played at the Whiskey in Hollywood opening for Tommy Tutone (867-5309). I left my job of nearly 38 years and started over with another company, which has turned out to be absolutely fantastic. And I met Kari Byron. Oh... and my wife knows James Cameron. Other than that pretty boring.

Attachments

• DSC02096.JPG
    DSC02096.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Before I went on to my second career as an engineer and industrial project manager, I served as an advanced life support paramedic for 11 years. In the prehospital ambulance setting, I delivered eight babies into this world. If you include all the other babies I delivered during initial training and subsequent continuing education clinical rotations, the count is about 50. Every single one was a fine baby with a high APGAR score - statistically unlikely, but there it is.
Bob Schultz, AEMT (ret.)

Before I went on to my second career as an engineer and industrial project manager, I served as an advanced life support paramedic for 11 years. In the prehospital ambulance setting, I delivered eight babies into this world. If you include all the other babies I delivered during initial training and subsequent continuing education clinical rotations, the count is about 50. Every single one was a fine baby with a high APGAR score - statistically unlikely, but there it is.
Bob Schultz, AEMT (ret.)
My wife had that experience with my grandson; my daughter was 'way ahead of the paramedics! And he's a little gem, certainly a bright light in our lives!

Bob Schultz, AEMT (ret.)
That is unusual, even given the job. It seems most medics might have a delivery or two outside of training during their career.

Even in my initial training we had a minimum of 2 deliveries and I had 3. We do a fair amount of calls with the NICU team or high risk OB transports and I do not think I have been involved in 50 live births.

That is unusual, even given the job. It seems most medics might have a delivery or two outside of training during their career.

Even in my initial training we had a minimum of 2 deliveries and I had 3. We do a fair amount of calls with the NICU team or high risk OB transports and I do not think I have been involved in 50 live births.
My wife isn't a medic. She's probably 'way ahead of the average layperson having only delivered her youngest grandson!

Latest posts

Back