• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Skydiver?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryb

Reaction score
I was looking at the "Ye Old Rocket shop" plans and came across this "design of the month" winner.

I decided to build something similar, because i had some extra parts left over from an estes designer kit. the instructions dont mention anything about adding any nose weight.

Has anyone built this kit? if so, what were your results.

https://www.oldrocketplans.com/mrn/designs/0184_Skydiver.pdf

I've got it about ready to put a coat of primer on it, and thought about the nose weight... lots of weight at the back end of it though fins... extra nose cone.. guess i'll have to swing it once i have it closer to completion.

I'll post a pic later this evening.

Jerryb

Jerry,

Pretty neat rocket. I'd have to think your right to be concerned about needing some nose cone weight.

Good luck with the swing test.

Andrew

well, i did build it a teensie bigger, but dont remember the actual scale factor i used when i cut the tubes and fins out.

I basically had the tubes and cones extra...lol

here's my youngest posing with it before primer...

another pic... business end showing fins...

not sure if i'm going to put cones on the fin tubes...

wonder if the fin tubes would stand up to an 18mm motor in each? or pull off... they are just surface mounted on...

maybe, maybe not..

later
Jerryb

Good job, I'm looking forward to seeing it fly.

Andrew

Back