RockSim Feature Requests Wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others may have suggested
:Ability to put nose cone shapes on out-board (side) tubes
:Ability to put fins on out-board pods
:Drag and drop capability
:Ability to custom shape nose cones

An additional $35 to the retail price would seem fair enough.

:Drag and drop capability

There is some Drag and drop capability already in RockSim v8. But it may not be what you desire. How do you envision this to work?

:Ability to custom shape nose cones

Right now it is possible to make a lot of different shapes with the combination of a nose cone and the transition parts. What would you do differently from this?

There is some Drag and drop capability already in RockSim v8. But it may not be what you desire. How do you envision this to work?

Drag and drop as in moving components other than from owning part to owning part, such as being able to drag and drop in the viewer window. For instance, being able to grab a LL on the main BT and dragging it to a fin, or a stand-off and the LL now belonging to the part it was dropped into. Or, if you really got wild, the ability to drag parts out of the design in the viewer window off to the side for use later. This way you could have multiple parts in view to compare for use in the design. Of course these off-design parts would have to be deleted before flight simulations could be made.
How about grabbing a NC and dropping it into a fin tip pod? OHH! And in that case, how about a rotate or transform function that would allow you to reorient that NC to act as a TC.

Right now it is possible to make a lot of different shapes with the combination of a nose cone and the transition parts. What would you do differently from this?

Oh yes, there are a WIDE range of NC's available in RockSim, most I haven't even used yet. However, how about complex shapes that include curved surfaces and facets? For instance, Target pharmacies distribute meds in the coolest little bottles that look a little like the NC from a Y-Wing from Star Wars. I see a Free Form NC function that the user can grab points and customize the shape (maybe even in three dimensions?), much like the Free-form fin function.

Just a couple of ideas....
RockSim is a great program and I spend way too much time using the dang thing as it is.

I just remembered: The temperature input has a bug. When a user enters a pad altitude above sea level and a temperature, the temperature of the simulation (or at least the simulation results) is what the temperature would be if it were entered at sea level and then raised to the pad altitude. So if I put in 5600 feet for the pad altitude and 70 F, the results tell me that the temperature at liftoff was much lower than what I entered.

Back