Rocketry Display at Gun Shows?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll make you a deal. I'll sign up for the NAR if you'll sign up for the NRA. If nothing else, it'll confuse the hell out of people! :rofl:
Belong to both already, Ted.

And the NRA membership is a Life membership...working on the Endowment Life.

Belong to both already, Ted.

And the NRA membership is a Life membership...working on the Endowment Life.

I'm an NRA Lifer too but the endowment all goes to the bride. (I'm still waiting on Daddyisabar to commit before I take the NAR plunge.) :pop:

I think the public's perception of the connection between guns and rocketry all depends on how the event is set up. If I were at a large gathering of this sort and saw a variety of unrelated vendors (honey, rockets, guns), I wouldn't think that there was necessarily a connection between them. No more connection than a Walmart store that sells and guns and rockets, or any hobby shop in a mall that is adjacent to any other type of store that someone may be offended by.

I think the public's perception of the connection between guns and rocketry all depends on how the event is set up. If I were at a large gathering of this sort and saw a variety of unrelated vendors (honey, rockets, guns), I wouldn't think that there was necessarily a connection between them. No more connection than a Walmart store that sells and guns and rockets, or any hobby shop in a mall that is adjacent to any other type of store that someone may be offended by.
This.

The closest thing I've seen to rockets at a the local gun shows has been military flares and inert rifle grenades/mortar shells. Some vendors display items which aren't directly gun related. Such as petition drives, civic groups, political candidates, sausage, fudge, candy, bumper stickers, and nutritional supplements. Outdoor/recreation expos or even airshows and fly-ins would be better venues for setting up informational displays on model rocketry IMHO.

Last edited:
Our gun shows are mostly guns but there are a variety of other vendors as well.

Back